Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the gunshop yesterday, and spied something interesting in the case. A full dustcover, railed, 2011. I had to have it, so I returned today, and it is mine...

Here's the kicker--it's an RIA.

It comes complete with Truglo tritium 3-dots. And tagged at $659, the price ain't bad, either.

Took it out without cleaning (so, it was still in the heavy lube job that they get shipped from the PI in) and put 50 rounds of Tula through it--figured what the heck, let's see how it does.

It did great. Ran flawlessly, with the exception of failing to lock back on the second mag I ran through it (one of my Baer mags)...however, when I used the same mag a second time, it locked back just fine. My final 10 rounds made a 3" group at 50 feet, all in the head of an IDPA target.

I've always loved the monolith-type pistols, and I figured this is a great way to give one a try...and dang, if I wasn't right.

Honestly, if RIA makes a double stack in this configuration, I could easily see it becoming a nightstand gun with a X300 mounted on it.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Damn now I want one in 9mm. :D...... Now if there was a longslide version...

·
Registered
29,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn now I want one in 9mm. :D...... Now if there was a longslide version...
There is a longlside version, but without the rail...my dealer expects to get a couple in shortly.

Actually, I'm really thinking about putting a .22 conversion on this puppy and having something that's recoilless...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
^^^nice my option is to order online, currently paying off a s&w bodyguard 38 from buds for a much needed EDC. I got a few on the wish list, might have to add this one lol. I already have a RIA tact in .45 and it's a great shooter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts