Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nice group of bucks hanging around the trail cams on this day.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Looks like a good spot, but the picture quality leaves something to be desired. :p I got some trail cam shots with the dates up to about 7/15 and then the deer dissappeared. No bucks on last weeks card.

·
Registered
19,974 Posts
Definitely the restless dead of deer taken before they had a chance to finish their life's work. I'd avoid that area all together after dark, and better sprinkle Holy Water on the camera. A little burning sage wouldn't hurt either.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the pics weren't very good but you can tell there are some bucks in this area. Funny, they were only here one day out of that week. The camera was still in infrared mode which is why they look like negatives.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I wanna see Bigfoot on trail camera. With big smile shooting the finger!

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Yeah, the pics weren't very good but you can tell there are some bucks in this area. Funny, they were only here one day out of that week. The camera was still in infrared mode which is why they look like negatives.
My stelth cam 5 MP switchs automaticly fron dylight to night. It takes some great pictures. Does yours have the setting position to use an electric eye automatic back to daylight like a garage security light?

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My stelth cam 5 MP switchs automaticly fron dylight to night. It takes some great pictures. Does yours have the setting position to use an electric eye automatic back to daylight like a garage security light?
This was my son in law's camera. It is the cheapest one he could find. It does take daylight pictures, but this was at 6:39am and apparently not light enough in this part of the woods to switch itself back. I have some Stealth Cams and they have been working well in low light. ;)

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I like the Tasco 3MP trail cam from walmart for $50

yeah, it's not as nice as some out there, doesn't have the picture quality as some of the others, but it took about 700 pictures in the last year.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
The mineral block seems to attract a good variety of game. I may have to add one to my location. Currently I am using a white salt block which works fairly well. Last year I really drew in the does and fawns with wind fall apples.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Caught one on the move...

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Yeah, mineral blocks work good.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Caught this guy running through the woods with my Truth Cam.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Good sized yote.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice buck, kind of reminds me of my halo 10 pointer I took last year.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
These 2 hens strolled into view of the camera on 7-30-11

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys have some nice spots, kinda cool looking at other folks photo's of WT and Elk from different parts of the US. Haven't gotten my cams up yet as we're still working our ground but I do have some from the past few years. I'll dig them up and post if you guys don't care.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts