Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just shot my first sanctioned match (my 5th match ever) at the 2011 Golden State IDPA Championships. This was the default 2011 California State championships.

I just wanted to post a quick thanks to the entire crew from the Richmond, CA Rod & Gun Club and the crew from Richmond Hot Shots. It's obvious that these folks had there game on... any match with 11 stages has to be hard to put on. Great job to Match Director Steve Cachia, Asst. Match Director Jim Griffiths, and all the other folks in Richmond. Also serious props to the Safety Officers and member of other California clubs who put on great stages.

At the end of the day, as an IDPA shooter who just started in February 2011, I exceeded my own expectations... I actially placed!

4th Place CDP/Marksman with my dialed in XD 45 Tactical... Man I love this Gun!

For more info and to see all match scores go to: http://www.goldengate-idpa.com/main.htm

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Congrats ... great to shoot your first sanctioned match and even better to place..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ever since I shot my first Inro clinic with Sacramento Defensive Pistol Shooters back in February I've been hooked.

I have already thanked a lot of people after the match, especially my wife. She's put up with me being gone at least 3-4 days a month or more since February. I've been driving up and down CA to shoot matches at various clubs. I guess I could also thank Springfield Armory, Powder River Precision, Dawson Precision, Springer Precision, Canyon Creek, Wolff Springs, and last, but definatly not least Storm Lake Barrel.

If you have been on the fence about getting involved, do it now. Matches are in full swing at you local IDPA clubs . In my experience, there's a wealth of knowledge that if freely shared by the likes of Expert and Master level shooters. Listen to them... Also, If you can swing it, find out who in your IDPA club is an instructor. Ask about private instruction geared toward IDPA. It was golden for me.

IDPA is great if you are new to shooting a defensive handgun, you can learn gun fundamentals and SAFETY. If you are an experienced shooter, then there are a lot of folks who can help you better understand how to play the GAME called IDPA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts