Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from Colorado... I recently bought a xdm .40 and stumbled upon all of you great people. I will be attending a rather large gun show tomorrow. Does anyone have advice on spending 200$ wisely? What would you buy? I also own a Taurus pt92 9mm and a sig mosquito for plinking. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hello everyone from Colorado... I recently bought a xdm .40 and stumbled upon all of you great people. I will be attending a rather large gun show tomorrow. Does anyone have advice on spending 200$ wisely? What would you buy? I also own a Taurus pt92 9mm and a sig mosquito for plinking. Thanks a lot.
I just hope your not looking to get a firearm with your $200 because chances are you won't find much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha no... I own a xdm... Anything under 900$ dollars isn't appealing anymore. Accessories etc.. Is more the advice I'm looking for. Maybe someone knows of a booth i should seek out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Why not try a light-laser combo for xdm and other guns you may have.

Or better sights or new mags for the range/matches or more/different SD ammo or a new barrel or new holster for matches or concealment or... well you get the idea.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Skip the gun show and go to the Springfield-Armory E-store for the 30% off sale. Buy 2-4 spare mags and spend the rest including the admission fee on ammo.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
last show I was at in Phoenix, the best deal I found was on +P SD ammo. It was a dealer from CA, fairly large booth area, so maybe you'll see them at Colorado

Come to think of it, that might be an excuse for me to goto next show - need to test and prove some good ammo to carry in my new Ruger SR1911 now that it has proven itself

I always think shows don't have great deals, but I still like to go occasionally, for me just walking around looking at stuff and people watching is worth the price of admission. Not often, every now and then.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Never found any real deals at gun shows -- especially in the past couple years.

Go to the springfield store and buy .40 cal 16 round xdm mags for 23.80 each. Best deal around on that!

Or order a trigger kit from PRP.

Or a solid tungsten guide rod for about 80 bucks.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Skip the gun show and go to the Springfield-Armory E-store for the 30% off sale. Buy 2-4 spare mags and spend the rest including the admission fee on ammo.
This is what i would do

·
Registered
463 Posts
The best $200 I have spent at a gun show was on ammo 1000 9mm AND 250 .223 with ammo cans

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Find spare parts you think you might need.
Mags fer sure.

Always something there.
I'm hoping to go with the wife.
She wants to get a custom holster for her zapper.
She likes the bling stuff that's always there as well.

From firing pins, retainer pins and springs, mag springs and all sorts of stuff.

I'd say look over everything then zero in on your best deals and what caught your eyes.

If ya have stuff to trade, it can come in handy.

·
Registered
602 Posts
$200 to spend at the gun show should get you parking, admission, and a hot dog with (small) coke at the snack bar these days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the input! The 9mm conversion kit sounds appealing and ammo does too. About the tungsten guide rod... I realize it will counter-act the muzzle movement... What are the draw-backs? Just weight overall I assume? And lastly the 23$ mags at Springfield is a smokin deal... Thanks for that tip.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just got back from there and for 19.45 I got a couple punches, mallet, bronze brush & xd gunmat. Not bad since the gun mat sells for 20-30 on the internet.

I looked for night sights for Falcon31 (he posted another thread) but did not find any. Dont know if your in the market but they had a big sell on hiking/BOB backpacks. Very nice quality. Was tempted but already have 2. As far as guns and ammo; everything was overpriced. Saw some nice parts for my AK so I might have to go back tom and grab them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
On a side note I saw a G19 and G23 EXO models. First time seeing them. They are very beautiful with that pewter color slide. Didn't know glock made them. Was a nice surprise.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts