Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received 2 20-round pmags from Palmetto State armory and was a little surprised to see that the followers are not anti-tilt. Is that normal? I thought that all Pmags came with anti-tilt followers.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
when i push mine down from the front it all goes down level, when i push it from the rear it only tilts a tiny bit. nothing compared to the green USGI followers. i cannot get mine to bind at all like i can with the usgi ones.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
my guess is that it only tils about 10-15 degrees and to me thats plenty good and i would consider it anit-tilt since you cant turn it verticle like you can on the USGI ones.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
this is from magpuls website

The PMAG™ (Polymer MAGazine) is a lightweight 20-round 5.56 NATO, M-16 compatible magazine. This PMAG™ features a straight body and pop-off storage/dust cover that alleviates pressure from the magazine feed lips, allowing for long-term storage of loaded magazines without risk of feed lip creep that often causes malfunction in standard aluminum magazines. PMAG™ utilizes a resilient stainless steel spring for corrosion resistance and a controlled-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability.

i would say that is a perfect description of what it is.
and to be honest i never noticed any difference between the two until you posted this

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I push on the front of the follower, it goes down but with friction, and when I push on the back the follower binds up completely. I mean there is no reason for pressure to be on the back of the follower anyway so it is not that big of a deal, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting the old bait and switch.

After rapidly running the follower up and down a bunch of times the mads do seem smoother.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
thats odd i cannot get mine to bind even if i try and use a screw drivier and push the rear down

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might need to just use them and get them to loosen up a bit

Thanks for the info though.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
They will loosen up a bit. The 20 round PMags are my most reliable mag, folled by my 1960's vintage Colt 20 rounders, with the metal followers!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
yea ive yet to have a problem, and ive never even heard of anyone having a problem. and im pretty sure you will have the same result.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I noticed my 20 rounders were a little different than the 30 rounders. I shot them and had no problems though. It is a little weird though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts