Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Rapid fire? Assuming you mean semi-auto rapid fire, correct?

In F/A or Burst, a 2-stage trigger functions 'normally' when held down. Otherwise, you'd still have to travel past the first stage before every break in an S/A.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Oh dang I hope he means "full auto"!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish. No, I meant semi- auto. I guess a better way to put it is, can the 2 stage trigger also perform like the standard trigger does?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I think you may be 'overanticipating' the amount of required pre-travel when using in a 2 stage on a rifle. It's not as drastic as in a pistol. Sure it moves a little more, but in terms of actual pull weight needed to a 'break' in a 2st vs 1st, the amounts are roughly the same. So in essence, if you're 'blipping' the trigger, you're using the same amount of force & finger motion in the end for either offering, but you may feel it just a tad 'bouncier' shooting in quick succession due to the slight travel involved.

Lots of folks use upgraded 2-stage triggers with good results in drills, training & competitions.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
If you are shooting rapid fire (i.e. as fast as you can pull the trigger), then you won't notice the 2-stage trigger.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
If you are shooting rapid fire (i.e. as fast as you can pull the trigger), then you won't notice the 2-stage trigger.
Correct. I can shoot my AR-10 empty in seconds.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
well i can bump fire my 2 stage very easily

2 stage is the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts