Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What ammo does everyone carry for self defense outside the house...Brand, bullet weight, bullet type, etc?

2) Just put a Pachmyr rubber sleeve on my XDSC40 and it slides around. Can anyone offer any suggestions of how to keep it in place?

THANKS!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I prefer Hornady XTP hollowpoints. If you use hairspray on the inside of your Hogue, it will slide on easier and then stick tight once it drys.

ranburr

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
72shorty said:
1) What ammo does everyone carry for self defense outside the house...Brand, bullet weight, bullet type, etc?

2) Just put a Pachmyr rubber sleeve on my XDSC40 and it slides around. Can anyone offer any suggestions of how to keep it in place?

THANKS!!
2) Yes, lose it and put a manly tube grip on! :eek:

Hairspray? Yes indeed. And a little mascara works wonders on your trigger. (What the h--l kind of site is this?) :roll:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use WWB 165gr target ammo.. and for personal defense carry I would carry nothing other than Federal Hydrashoks 180gr JHP

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here is the list of the defensive rounds that meet the FBI requirements in .40 S&W. I don't think you'd go wrong with anything on the list:

40 S&W
-Winchester Ranger 180 gr JHP
-Winchester Ranger 165 gr JHP
-Speer Gold Dot 180 gr JHP
-Federal Tactical 180 gr JHP
-Remington Golden Saber 180 gr JHP

Scott

·
Registered
823 Posts
My .45s like Cor-Bon +p HPs, but I am getting set to order some of their power ball to try it out. My 9mm uses plain hardball at the moment, which is why it gets carried less, but I will include some in the order for .45s. My wife's .380 likes the powerball that we picked up at the gun show recently, which is why I am thinking of changing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I stagger CorBon 135Gr.JHP with Sellier & Bellot 180Gr FMJ in my XD40.

I figure the good heavy FMJ for punching deep, hard holes, and the incredibly fast JHP for Shock and devastation.

I stack them in groups of two in my magazines. Ill let you know how my setup works, if I ever have to use it. :twisted:

KIM

·
Registered
454 Posts
Speer gold dot 155 grn for my xd-40(prefer 180 grn but gun shop was out)
Remington golden saber 185 grn for my Colt Combat commander .45
Pmc starfire 95 grn for my DP51 & PT-111 9mm's

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
In .40 S&W I use Speer Gold dot 180gr JHP's

In 45 I use corbon 180 gr or PMC Eldorado Starfire as it feeds well in my Springfield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts