Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I aim at '2 O'clock' I hit the center ring. is this normal? something wrong with the gun? my grip? any advise would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Looks like you suffer from the "low left syndrome" common to new XD shooters. Probably too much trigger finger. Try using just the pad of your trigger finger and pull straight back; that ought to do the trick. Spend some time dry firing (no ammo in the room) with this technique and watch the front sight for movement. You'll get there. Of my 5 different XD's and M's only the first one shot "low left"; trigger technique and control fixed the other four.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i suffer from "low left syndrome" myself

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
This might help.

If you're holding at 2 oclock to hit center, it's as Pops said.

·
Registered
266 Posts
NO ALL THEESE PEOPLE ARE WRONG THE GUN IS MALFUNCTOINING, COULD BE DANGEROUS SEND IT TO ME I WILL PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THIS ITEM! No seriously I had the same problem when I first shot my XD listen to ETEXPOPS its true helped me too.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Concentrate on trigger finger being pulled straight back to the v web of shooting hand. When practicing with dry fire try placing a dime on top of barrel, trigger squeeze should not cause dime to fall.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Just your grip. I shot my XDM like that for a while also. Just practice practice!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi... I had the same problem and actually fell into the "too much" trigger finger trap and kept trying less and less ... turns out for me it was "too little" trigger finger... I had read the dam chart wrong !!!! :rolleyes:

I have short fingers and getting a good grip and being able to reach the trigger effectively is the issue. I have added a Springer Precision upgrade to the trigger in trying to solve this issue myself. This upgrade helped but still didnt solve everything.

My hands are medium sized for gloves so I have to get the grip just right or my finger tends to push the muzzle left while squeezing the trigger. I discovered this because the factory sights were changed to Heinie Striaght 8's and all of a sudden I was just left not low at all. (See the chart) So if you are using a 6 o'clock hold and pushing the trigger left... you get low and left results. Now with the Heinie sights I get much improved results. If I had not changed the sights I would have never known what problem was.

I have to put my finger into the point where the crease from the first knuckle is just at the edge of the trigger. I dont put the crease on the trigger just up to the right hand edge of the trigger and get a much straighter pull/squeeze on the trigger. I know this is not what is the "current standard" being taught today by most instructors. However it was clear to me and my shooting buddy the first time I figured out I read the dam chart wrong. I think for me its the width/thickness of the grip that requires a slightly modified grip technique to acheive the desired results.

I know it works for me so if less trigger finger doesn't help try a little bit more and you might just solve your problem. ;)

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Low left is from anticipating the recoil (flinching) as much as it is about yanking the trigger back too hard and fast. For some reason, the XD seems to be more susceptible to poor trigger control. Maybe because it's plastic and light?

A dime or empty shell case (opening up) on the front sight will show how steady you are holding the gun and pulling the trigger. If you randomly add snap caps to the magazine, you will learn how you are anticipating recoil. Someone watching when you try and fire a snap cap shouldn't see you wobble or jerk.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
As a former "low, left syndrome" sufferer, I can safely say that there is a cure. Take your time and concentrate on your trigger pull. You'll get there.

·
Registered
464 Posts
good advice...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts