• SC + XDm

• Service + Tactical

• Service + XDm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up (2) XD in 9mm this week.

One will be for carry, the other will be for IDPA/Practice-Target/sometimes carry.

I was thinking of picking up a Sub Compact (great carry size) as well as the Service but I'm having a heck of a time deciding between the Service and the Tactical.

I don't honestly see much difference between the XD and XDm and like that both could have the same triggers. I've shot them all, like them all...

I've burned through the posts on the Service vs the Tactical but a lot of the posts were discussing carry so any help with a decision is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
61 Posts
If I could have a Sub Compact for carry, I'd get the Tactical for sure.
I also compared the XDm and the XD, preferred the feel of the XD and just didn't feel the need to spend another $100.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Lucky you getting two in one week:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Moved to the Polling Place..where polls belong. Please look over the forum sections.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
SC and Tactical, hands down. Wouldn't give it another thought.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I would leave the XDM out because the mags are not the same. May as well get two that use the same mags.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
You missed a selection or two .... COMPACT and Service/Tactical.
The compact is only available in .45ACP right? Or have I been out of the loop for a little while?!

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
Service and XDm.

XDm for target practice and occasional carry, and service for more regular carry. If size is a serious issue you can always get the grip chopped later and you'll have subcompact grip size with the full sight radius of the service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tactical is definitely the way to go for IDPA, I really like the XDM but it uses different mags then the tac model and if I'm going to carry something with as short a barrel as the SC then I want to go as small and thin as I can go
so I picked Service/Tactical, they share mags and the Service isn't all that harder to conceal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts