Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ULC and CQB with fluted bull barrel headed home next week.
ULC

CQB

Sold the consecutive SN'd Pro's to make funding these painless, but I can always buy another Pro. Besides, I prefer a Wilson done my way over a Pro any day. Even a Pro done my way. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,075 Posts
So... you're running a shelter for 1911s. Someone has to save the 1911s. I like it! LOL

Love your style man!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Keep up the good work. I was about to send my M9A1 off to Wilson combat this week but panic bought a vepr 12. So maybe next month

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I wish I could hate you, but all your beautiful 1911's prevents it. Congrats!

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, school me on the differences on the two Wilson's other than grips. What am I missing in the pictures?
The ULC has an aluminum frame, concealment BTGS and hammer. The CQB is a steel framed gun and has a fluted bull barrel. The other appointments are pretty much identical because that's just how I like them set up. :)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Wow Joe, just excellent guns!

Once again Joe establishes he's THE MAN.

BTW, aren't your SA Pro's worth more than a WC? I've never bought a Pro or a Wilson, but I thought the Pro's were a couple year wait and 3500+?

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow Joe, just excellent guns!

Once again Joe establishes he's THE MAN.

BTW, aren't your SA Pro's worth more than a WC? I've never bought a Pro or a Wilson, but I thought the Pro's were a couple year wait and 3500+?
The Pro's are a 2 year wait, or right at it anyway and Dave at DRC was able to get them for $2600 each. That may have been the price he was able to locked into when he ordered them, which was over 3 years ago. But they usually sell for more than they cost. I bought the consecutive one "used" but in new condition for $150 more than I paid for my new one.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
The Pro's are a 2 year wait, or right at it anyway and Dave at DRC was able to get them for $2600 each. That may have been the price he was able to locked into when he ordered them, which was over 3 years ago. But they usually sell for more than they cost. I bought the consecutive one "used" but in new condition for $150 more than I paid for my new one.
Ahh, somehow I thought the Pro's were more.

So is there a significant jump in quality / feel / value in going from the Pro to the WC? I know my TRP can't be more solid, less rattle, and it shoots 100% of the time in one hole. I'm just curious what I'd get if I somehow found a Pro, then what I'd get if I went Pro to WC.

And I get the answer sometimes is "I just like it more". My Match Elite 220 is really no more accurate than my 220 Dark Elite, I just paid more because I like it more.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IMO, Wilson, Guncrafter, Nighthawk and Brown build better guns. Especially Wilson and Guncrafter. I've owned 3 guns from SACS, the 2 Pro's and an Expert Limited, and while all are great guns, they are more like a Les Baer IMO. I own several of each, from all of the above, with the exception of Brown, which I only have one. But several people I know who have experience with all of the above, will tell you the same thing. I'm NOT knocking the Pro or any other SACS gun, or Baer either for that matter. But, in my experience and in my hands, they, meaning the Pro that was asked about, aren't quite up to the others. Others may disagree, but like I said, this is MY OPINION. ;)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
IMO, Wilson, Guncrafter, Nighthawk and Brown build better guns. Especially Wilson and Guncrafter. I've owned 3 guns from SACS, the 2 Pro's and an Expert Limited, and while all are great guns, they are more like a Les Baer IMO. I own several of each, from all of the above, with the exception of Brown, which I only have one. But several people I know who have experience with all of the above, will tell you the same thing. I'm NOT knocking the Pro or any other SACS gun, or Baer either for that matter. But, in my experience and in my hands, they, meaning the Pro that was asked about, aren't quite up to the others. Others may disagree, but like I said, this is MY OPINION. ;)
Thanks Joe.

One day I've always said I'd own a Wilson or an Ed Brown, but it would mean selling a bunch of guns I also like. Someday though.

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Very, very nice!

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
I was just down in Beryville and didn't swing by... I hate myself for it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts