Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my xdm last weekend and made my first trip to the range with it today. I experienced 2 failure to feeds while shooting through my box of ammo. Any ideas why this might be happening?

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
It may need some more time on the range, or a weak recoil spring, bad ammo, limp-wristing, any number of things really. Best thing to do is run another 200 rounds and if it's still acting up, send it back to SA.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on picking up a different brand of ammo for the next trip. Thanks for the info. What part or AL are you from?

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
I plan on picking up a different brand of ammo for the next trip. Thanks for the info. What part or AL are you from?
Huntsvegas!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Did both failures occur when using the same magazine? If so, maybe the magazine is bad (weak spring, follower is hanging up somewhere).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had 2 Fail to Feeds as well.

The first 850 rounds were all WWB with 50 rounds of Federal Eagle stuff. 180gr wally world stuff.

Since then i've been to the range twice, 150 rounds each time of Blazer Brass 165gr.

Each time I had 1 Fail to Feed in each 150 rounds. Not sure if its the ammo - just bad luck or what. I will try some WWB next time to see if it happens again.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have put over 3000 through mine. 7 diferent types of ammo. 0 FTFs. I think it varies from gun to gun. I got a very good one and some won't take certain ammo. That's all I can think of. Have a good one.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I have heard of this many times and it does seem like ammo and limp wrist is the top two causes..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think limp wrist was the cause. im a revolver guy and never thought about how limp wristing would absorb the energy required for the slide to work properly. and technic suggestions?

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I had a similar issue first time at the range with my XDM 40. had 4 FTF's. out of 200.

Well, loaded up my 6 mags with different ammo (AE, Magtech clean ammo, MAg HP, WWB, Blazer) and let them sit for a couple weeks. Went to the range yesterday. Ran 200 rounds through it. Not a single issue. Gun has loosened up a little after nearly 500 rounds. Feels great! shot great. Guy next to me is in the Navy, I let hit shoot one mag, he was impressed.

Man I love this gun! seems that the springs needed a little breaking in, all is well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts