Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought my +2 extenders from pistol-gear.com and put them on the mags. i noticed that (for lack of proper terminology) the dimpled floor plate (between spring, and floor plate) didn't reach the hole in the bottom of the extender. so i took it apart, and shaved some plastic off the dimpled floor plate. dry fitted...and it sat nicely. reassembled the mag, and began loading.

i counted the rounds (i sometimes mess up loading mags) and i hit 17. just to see what the spring was doing...i pressed down on the top round with my thumb...and it gave way a bit. so i added ANOTHER round.

i turned a 15 round mag with +2 extender...into an 18 round mag. mrs. krum's 3rd grade math class never prepared me for these kinds of numbers. :D

hope this helps others out there.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so far they've worked perfectly. i put 100 rounds through the xd today, alternating mags. not a single hiccup, or sputter.

i tink i'm in love!! :D

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
We bought 3 of them for my wifes XD and they all hold 18 :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
The more you use them, the softer the spring will become. After prolonged use, +3 of 9mm is common. I have not heard if guys are getting +2 40s in our not.

simple math: XD40 Hi-Cap Mag + Extender = 20 Rounds of 9mm

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Where do you get these extenders? I may have to use soem on my mags. Do the incerease the capacity of 10 round mags too?

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
manygunner said:
Where do you get these extenders? I may have to use soem on my mags. Do the incerease the capacity of 10 round mags too?
Yes, you can use them on 10 round mags too, as long as you live in an area that does not have a capacity restriction.

We sell them. AJames does too.

Note: The follower and body on restricted mags are different than those used with full capacity magazines. This restriction may limit the number of rounds you can get from a +2 extension.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Old School said:
The more you use them, the softer the spring will become. After prolonged use, +3 of 9mm is common. I have not heard if guys are getting +2 40s in our not.

simple math: XD40 Hi-Cap Mag + Extender = 20 Rounds of 9mm
I

I thought a Hi-Cap .40 mag was like 12 rounds equaling 15 of 9mm?????
Am I wrong and missing the boat here?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old School, do the hi cap 40 cal mags need to be adjusted to hold 17 rds. of 9mm? Is there a link where I can get these and are they in stock? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
We have them in stock. If you want to use them with 9mm rounds, just add a note in the comments section during checkout, and I will make sure the feedlips are properly adjusted.

Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts