Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very impressed with my new Romanian AK. Shot great and pretty accurate. The original wood stock was brutal on my shoulder. Ordered new tapco 6 stock, eager to see if it helps. The only downside was I found out that my AK does not like Brown Bear very much. The wolf shot perfect. I put 100+ rounds of BB and had four failures. Shot 100+ of wolf with no failures. Are 1 or 2 failures normal? Wow, the wood grips get hot! All in all, I am now a proud owner of a AK47 and see myself owning one for a long time.:grin:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great to hear you like it. I have a WASR,Yugo and a AMD-65. They are all fun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Yeah the wood gets hot!!! Get use to it!;)

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so no more brown bear for me. Also, I noticed as I would shoot the safety lever would gradually move back into the safe position. Any one experience this? I was thinking it was because I am a lefty and maybe safety lever was brushing up against my chest, but I am not sure.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Mine's never failed... hmm.

Anyway, get a recoil buffer (the thing you put inside the reciever). It helps with the metal-clank from bolt carrier to rear receiver wall.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Ok, so no more brown bear for me. Also, I noticed as I would shoot the safety lever would gradually move back into the safe position. Any one experience this? I was thinking it was because I am a lefty and maybe safety lever was brushing up against my chest, but I am not sure.
hmmmm, trying to picture that one.... If the safety lever is brushing up against your chest, wouldnt the bolt handle rip into your side? ;)

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, i'll look into a buffer. What will help me tighten my safety lever? I held my AK again this mourning and there is no way it brushed up againt me, so it has to be the recoil slowly making the safety lever move up with every shot until its in the charging handles way. Weird! and onther suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Ok, i'll look into a buffer. What will help me tighten my safety lever? I held my AK again this mourning and there is no way it brushed up againt me, so it has to be the recoil slowly making the safety lever move up with every shot until its in the charging handles way. Weird! and onther suggestions?
the safety isn't locking in or its getting bumped by the the bolt carrier....take the top off and see if there are any rub marks on the safety. Also, how easy is it to go from fire to safe, you should feel a bit of resistance till it pops out of the detent on the side of the receiver. Either the detent isn't deep enough, the safety stop is too tall (the little stub that sticks up above the mag catch) or the lever itself is slightly bent. easy fix either way, just need to see which one is the issue.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took my AK back to the store where I bought it and their gunsmith fixed it for me. Said safety lever was not sitting right while in the fire position. A quick bend later, all is good. Thanks for help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts