Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a few years of owning my XD and a few modifications later, I finally went to the range for the 1st time and put 100 rounds through the
XD40. I had no failures of any type. The following are a list of the the things I've had done: 1) Metalcol III finish by ARS 2)Trigger Job with Over Travel/Reset/Pretravel 4# for carry, and polish feed ramp from Canyon
Creek 3)TFO Sights installed by Canyon Creek 4) Dons Guide Rod and 22lbs spring. Here are the results after warming up a bit.

This is 20 rounds at 20ft about 3 seconds between shots.

This is 20 rounds at 25ft about 3 seconds betweens shot.

My last 10 rounds at 15 feet rapid fire.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
RTM are you shooting two shots then changing your grip? That is a very strange grouping 2 shots almost touching then 2 more 1" away and so on. Its obvious that something is changing after every other shot, nothing wrong with it because every one is in the A zone on the target and would be a fatal hit, just curious.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigun said:
RTM are you shooting two shots then changing your grip? That is a very strange grouping 2 shots almost touching then 2 more 1" away and so on. Its obvious that something is changing after every other shot, nothing wrong with it because every one is in the A zone on the target and would be a fatal hit, just curious.
I don't think I'm changing my grip. I think its more my eyes I'm right eye dominate and usual shoot with left I closed after a few shots I have to refocus. I believe the more I shoot I may be able to figure it out, but I think I did pretty good I kept most of the in the shots in the Shoot N See Sticker.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Infidel#1 said:
You have owned your XD for a few years and never shot it?
First time owned for about two years.

·
Registered
513 Posts
That is a CRIME, owning a handgun and not shooting it for a year. I guess that it was not mad at you though. I would like to see pics of the finish too.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
the eye dominance thing can be a bitch to work through but its obvious you can shoot. Keep at it and you will sort it out.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts