Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I'm a brand new pistol owner from Missouri, and for my 1st pistol I have bought an XD Mod 2 Subcompact! I've been drooling over this pistol for a year, comparing it and other like make/models for a conceal / carry and defense. I've finally taken the leap and bought one! I'm so happy. Now I'm looking for a basic safety class, ccw class, and range near me. I've used guns in the Military, but never owned one outside of the military till now. I'm really looking forward to it. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Just wanted to say Hi, and looking forward to chatting with everyone on the boards!

Best Regards,
Syberwired70

·
Registered
8,944 Posts
Welcome to the group

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Thank you for your service and welcome aboard ! Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Congrats on your new XD and welcome from Virginia!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Hello All! I'm a brand new pistol owner from Missouri, and for my 1st pistol I have bought an XD Mod 2 Subcompact! I've been drooling over this pistol for a year, comparing it and other like make/models for a conceal / carry and defense. I've finally taken the leap and bought one! I'm so happy. Now I'm looking for a basic safety class, ccw class, and range near me. I've used guns in the Military, but never owned one outside of the military till now. I'm really looking forward to it. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Just wanted to say Hi, and looking forward to chatting with everyone on the boards!

Best Regards,
Syberwired70

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois..
A Mod-2 Compact was my first polymer and I liked it enough to buy a Mod-2 tactical for the range.
Good luck with your new hobby..

·
Premium Member
127,718 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Now I'm looking for a basic safety class, ccw class, and range near me.
Missouri has (basically) free outdoor ranges. $3/hr/booth. Dept of conservation runs them.

If you're in the KC area
Parma Woods is good, near Parkville:
Parma Woods Range and Training Center

Free classes at Parma Woods, guns and ammo provided. No ****!:
Events
probably .22, but hey free is free!

Likewise, 20 min East of KC, and further out in the country there's Lake Woods range:
Lake City Shooting Range Hours & Information

They have free classes too:
Events

I don't think either focus on CCW, but safety stuff and accuracy, probably.

I've been to both ranges, and most of the indoor ones in kc. Indoor is nice, for AC/heat when the weather is miserable. But outdoor is nice sometimes.

Parma and LakeWoods are pretty rule heavy. They want you to hold muzzle to sky when carrying unless its in a case for example. But they're cheap and well run. Parma has about twice as much pistol ranges, but both have rifle and pistol at four fixed lengths. And, unlimited free targets!

I'm sure St.L area has a couple too and there's probably one near Jeff or Spfld if not other locations.

Oh yeah. MO has several unmanned, unsupervised shooting parks throughout the state too. I've never been to one, but it's an option for just range time, completely free.

I'd be down to check out the unmanned ones, or go to one of the classes sometime. Just haven't had the occasion yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've been to Parma Woods and I'm not going back, freaking nut jobs. Pigeon Hill range just on the south side of St. Joe is where I go most of the time, its unmanned for the most part, they stop by from time to time, but its a good range.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts