Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the first 45 rds. were all over the paper target, but still on the paper at 20 ft.

( shot another gun for awhile)
buddy tried the XD, and grouped 5 shots nicley. ( five inch dia.)

the next 45 rds. were in the target rings, :) (10 inch dia.)
buddy once again put 5 shots in to
five inchs).

the next 45 rds. felt and looked much better.

progress was made , I have confidance that I will get better,
with the xd, but since Mr. better shooter was doing great, I know it was not the gun,

I went thru the same thing with another gun a few years back,

Iam happy with the X D .
I have a grip/muscle control consistancy issue, I'll get over it.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Takes time, practice practice practice.

It's fun though :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dry fire practice can seriously help you out.

Just watch the front sight as you squeeze the trigger and as it breaks, not which way it goes. Practice until you cannot see any movement as it breaks. Then keep doing it and build muscle memory.

I had a very similar issue I am still dealing with, but have goteen better. I am left eye dominant and right handed. At first I was lucky to hit the paper. I just kept adjusting my grip, head angle, stance, etc. etc. Now I am doing better. Just try changing one thing at a time. If it helps, keep doing it. Then the next time, try something else, on top of what you changed before, If it helps keep doing it too. If something doesn't work, by all means, stop. No need getting bad muscle memory.

Also, don't be afraid to ask for some tips from your friend. My friend taught me some things he had picked up that helped me to shoot better. He may not be Rob Leatham, but he could out shoot me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts