Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living here in Texas...when i got my CCW for the first time they used "finger print" not electronic to send in. Will this affect my renewal application? Just wondering if anyone's had this issue.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

I know that I'm dense, but I just don't understand the question.

Duane

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I just did my renewal online Friday and the automated 'check list' stated that if the ID Photo and/or Fingerprints need to be redone, they would contact me.
(Mine were done electronically last time)
Since your prints were not done electronically, don't be surprised if they say they need to be redone and submitted.

Since you get notified 6 Months ahead, go online to renew ASAP, so if they do say you need your prints redone, you have plenty of time to get 'em done.

[Edit to add]
This is what my 'CHL Confirmation Message' had:
Below is your checklist of required supporting documentation:

• Copy of DD-214, OR Any other official documentation showing the applicant is honorably retired military (if not on file)
  • TxDPS will attempt to use the passport photo and resubmit the fingerprints on file for your renewal application. If either of these items does not meet current quality standards, TxDPS will notify the applicant and a new submission will be required.
I went to their Regulatory Services Division (RSD) page and uploaded a scanned jpg of my DD-214 and they seem to have accepted it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 6 months out as we speak...to answer Duane question. Just wanted to know if anyone that has an ink fingerprint on there current file and had renewed there CCW had issues (like not having a digital finger print)! Or did they make you update to digital?

I renewed online yesterday, mine said the same thing as yours (try and use passport photo and prints). If anything elese is needed they will contact me. Definitely wanted to give myself time for anything that had to be updated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts