Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of (very fun) shopping, I bought a Mod 2 .40 this summer. I just finished modding the grip and decided it was time to stop lurking.so I could share (AKA show it off!). It was a fun project, but I'm glad it's over so I can go back to actually shooting the gun!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops, other side, too...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
1) Welcome to the Goat Farm from the Midwest

2) EXCELLENT work on the Grip Mods....

3) @Minkman555 we need your input on the anti-Grip Zone :lol:

Reactions: BetsyB

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
After a lot of (very fun) shopping, I bought a Mod 2 .40 this summer. I just finished modding the grip and decided it was time to stop lurking.so I could share (AKA show it off!). It was a fun project, but I'm glad it's over so I can go back to actually shooting the gun!
Nice choice..

However...

Zone B has been disfigured. Did you check your ZONES before picking it up? I'm not sure what happened... but it appears someone took a mold of my ex's stomach and intentionally transferred the cesarean print pattern to your ZONE B.

I'd call Springfield.. or the cops. You may have a potential burger planning an attack on your compound, knowing that when he strikes... you won't know where to grab the damn gun.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Nice choice..

However...

Zone B has been disfigured. Did you check your ZONES before picking it up? I'm not sure what happened... but it appears someone took a mold of my ex's stomach and intentionally transferred the cesarean print pattern to your ZONE B.

I'd call Springfield.. or the cops. You may have a potential burger planning an attack on your compound, knowing that when he strikes... you won't know where to grab the damn gun.
@BetsyB, please excuse @Minkman555...he is our resident Grip Zone satirist who has even gained notoriety with Springfield Armory Staff :D good stuff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Minkman555, yes, I filled out the manufacturer's application (in triplicate) for special zoning dispensation, which is available to persons who meet certain (top secret and highly doubtful) criteria.

@R3dbull4dd1kt, thanks for the warning- people sometimes mistake my smart-ass remarks for snarkiness, too. Conveying sarcasm online requires special skills, but apparently Minkman555 possesses those (in triplicate).
Nice to know I'm not alone in my grip-zone gripes.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
@Minkman555, yes, I filled out the manufacturer's application (in triplicate) for special zoning dispensation, which is available to persons who meet certain (top secret and highly doubtful) criteria.

@R3dbull4dd1kt, thanks for the warning- people sometimes mistake my smart-ass remarks for snarkiness, too. Conveying sarcasm online requires special skills, but apparently Minkman555 possesses those (in triplicate).
you are gonna fit into this asylum just fine ;) hope you like GOATS

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
Yeah, you seem like you'll fit in just fine 'round here. Welcome aboard.
How did you obliterate the Grip Zone with such artistry? That's pretty impessive.

Don't fear the goats. They're mostly harmless and if ya haven't been goated, well...yer just not trying hard enough. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did you obliterate the Grip Zone with such artistry?
The short answer is "epoxy clay and experience." The long answer is, well, long. I'm putting a DIY on my website, I'll post a link here if anyone's interested.

Don't fear the goats. They're mostly harmless and if ya haven't been goated, well...yer just not trying hard enough. :)
AND what's up with the goats, goat farm, etc? If there's a relevant acronym, I'm missing it, and goat has several meanings in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.
From a fan of stippling, VERY cool and unique feather!

·
Registered
6,583 Posts

Ahhh..... @BetsyB I didn't know anyone on this forum (of course, besides me.) actually went through the zone modification procession application with Springfield... I honestly am quite happy to see such a custom modification (SANCTIONED modification.) of Zone B... it looks great, and my the grip be with you.

(PS: The feather (in all seriousness) looks great how the hell did you pull it off?.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We release the goats when posts or threads get out of hand or go full-retard.
Thanks for the reply- that's what I was getting from context, but I didn't want to embarrass myself (more than usual!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The feather (in all seriousness) looks great how the hell did you pull it off?.)
I put a DIY on my website, which is probably way too much information for you, but - short version- I used epoxy clay to fill you-know-what, then added more clay for sculpting the feather and plain patch on the other side. It worked out great- the flat patch fits my right (dominant) palm perfectly, and the feather falls neatly between my fingertips and the base of my palm. I'm extremely happy with the results- I'm thinking of doing another one, whether there's a stupid logo on it or not!

Link, if you're interested in the TMI version :)
9and3quarters

1 - 20 of 24 Posts