Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found some time to go to the range yesterday and run a few rounds through my new XD. I went to the NRA HQ range in Fairfax,VA. I don't have any pics as the NRA range does not allow cameras. I put a hundred rounds of FMJ from PMC and Speer (Lawman), half a box of WWB JHP, and half a box of Ranger T +P 230 grain through it and it functioned flawlessly. 150 round so far with 0 malfunctions.

It was smooth as butter and seemed to shoot better the more rounds had been through it. I shot it more accurately than the 9mm Hi-Power I brought with me that i've been shooting for years, though neither gun (or rather this out of practice shooter) produced any groups to call home to mom about. I did discover that at least with my current level of training I don't shoot very well with the Ranger T +P, but I shoot very well with the WWB JHP. WWB is what it'll be loaded with in the night stand as I'm a firm believer that a WWB JHP in the head or heart is a much better man stopper than a Ranger T in the wall (or the neighbors house).

All in all it was a great gun, and kind of made my hi-power seem a little antique. I think I'm going to look around for a 9mm tactical to spend more time plinking at the range with. I am very impressed with what I've read so far about the XDm 5.25 inch 9mm.

You know...buying one just makes you want to buy one more. :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to try the ranger-T and federal HST in normal pressure offerings. I think the +P is what decreased my accuracy. I didn't shoot that much of it, but by the end of those magazines I was making head shots consistently. If I shot nothing but +P I feel like I'd get the hang of it, but I don't want to beat the gun to death.

My thinking with the +P was that it gets cold here in the winter and there's better penetration through heavy clothing with the higher pressure round.

·
Premium Member
24,708 Posts
nice report thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks. You're right, WWB is just fine with me as carry ammo, also. I'm confident that will knock somebody down, and KEEP them down. Price is right, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts