Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my first range report using my XDM 9mm.

The XDm 9mm is an awesome gun. Although me and the wife have been around guns our whole lives, neither of us have extensive experience shooting hand guns...especially calibers larger than .22. This is my 1st 9mm hand gun and I must say I am impressed.

The large hole in the middle is from about 25 rounds at 7 yards...half fired by me and the other half by the wife. I warned her..."don't mess up my pattern"...and she didn't! Almost all of her shots went right through the middle! The little holes around the target are from the .22 Ruger Mark II.

Very reliable gun, very accurate, very forgiving of amatures!

Later,
Terry

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Very cool! Sounds like great results for some new shooters!

If you want to upload your pictures you need to upload them to PhotoBucket, Flickr, or some other photo hosting site.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Sounds good, but I don't see a pic, maybe its blocked on my end. It sounds that you are happy with it!! congrads..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love my XDm 9mm! My first experience with a 9mm was an XD SC a friend let me shoot. I fell in love and decided I wanted the XDm so I made the trip to a gun show. The show opened at 9:00am, I was there at about 10:30am and bought the last one they had (the display model). They sold out that quick!

I have put about 400 rounds through the gun so far with only one FTL. I believe that was caused by a damaged jacket on a shell that made it into the magazine. I suspect this because I found another damaged jacked in the same box of ammo (caught that one before I put it in the mag).

The adjustable backstraps are great, makes the gun really fit my hand.

I also like the large capacity magazines...19 rnds! Although I usually don't fully load them at the range...I get tired of stuffing shells instead of shooting so I stop around 10-12 rounds!

Later,
Terry

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats on the new gun! Looks like a winner, too.

I feel the same about loading mags at the range. I usually put 10 rounds in my 16-round mags and blaze away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts