Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I pistol qual’d in the Navy about 10 years ago, this is my first personal gun and after buying it a week ago I finally got to take my new XD45 to the range today and put about two hundred rounds through it. I had cleaned it well when I first brought it home last week and everything went great today, it performed flawlessly!
For my first time to the range in over a decade I think I did well, I was shooting from 25’ and was grouping at about 10” but I noticed that all of my rounds were to the left of center and from a little high to a little low. I came straight to the forums when I got home and I guess this is from anticipating and squeezing my fingers.
I have been reading allot lately and kind of know what I need to be working on as a noob, like focus on the fundamentals and just shoot as much as I can, but today was just about putting some rounds down range. Great way to spend a Veterans Day, God Bless all who have served and are now serving, and a belated Happy Birthday to the Corps!
Doc

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Excellent way to spend Veteran's Day, I try to make it to the range every year on 11/11 myself. Nice shooting with the XD45, yes it does take a little practice with the trigger control to stop that low/left, but getting there is half the fun.... good excuse for some more range time:mrgreen:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts