Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to these boards and this is my first post as well as my first HS2000 or XD design pistol. I usually shoot my HK P7M8 or my Glock 19. The P7m8 is my primary CHL carry pistol for 6 years and has performed flawless during that time despite many abusing events. I have taken the P7M8 and the Glock to Thunder Ranch on a few occasions and have never had a malfunction to date despite thousands of rounds. I am hoping to expect the same reliabilty from the HS2000 and would like some opinions from some of you that have shot your HS2000 beyond 5 thousand rounds. Have you had to replace the recoil spring or any other parts?
I took the HS out to the range yesterday with some hi-cap mags and had no malfunctions and very good accuracy from the pistol. I am having to adjust to the lengthy trigger reset, but the pistol fits my hand well and I can hold a very tight grouping with it. I installed a Sig-Sauer front night sight and left the factory rear sight in place, this caused my pistol to shoot about 1 1/2" low at 7yds. I will be picking up a Sig rear sight on Tuesday to correct the problem. Overall, the HS2000 exceeded my expectations and I plan on carrying it for a while and let the P7M8 have a break. I plan on buying a Fobus paddle holster, any objections. I look forward to contributing to the discussion group.
I noticed that the finish on the HS2000 says IM metal, is this a different finish from the Springfield version of the pistol? Can I expect the finish to hold up under adverse conditions like my Glock?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Welcome.

I think IM metal is a reference to the factory, not the finish. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct that in short order.

The XD finish is not as durable as Glock's, but that doesn't mean that it is shitty. With some proper maintenance and a coat of Armadillo wax it will hold up just fine.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yep IM metal is the company that makes them. I think it is actually called IM Produkt but dont quote me.
mulder
PS You will love your HS2000! I love mine.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
I have well over 10,000 rounds through my Gen.1 with no parts replacement or malfs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The HS2000 that I bought has 3k rounds through it according to the previous owner and the finish is holding up pretty good considering that he carried it in a holster on a regular basis.
I really like the ambi mag release because I use the middle finger to release the mag so that my grip on the pistol does not change to speed the reload and stay on target like the HK pistols that I shoot.
Russ

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
oddly enough, your HS2000 has a better finish than the XD, even though they are the same gun. Complaints about the finish were almost nonexistent when the pistol was just the HS2000. Once Springfield started to import them, the finish seemed to go downhill. I don't know if the factory changed something or what, but the HS2K has a better finish. My gen. 1 had a good durable finish, but I put NP3 on it anyway.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I fired ajamesp51's old HS2000 with over 60,000 (yes, 60,000) rounds through it last week and it fired flawlessly. The gun still looks brand new as well. He said the only part he's had to replace (I believe) was the spring that hold the grip safety out. Not positive that's the piece. The moral of the story though is that yes, they can take quite a bit of punishment if you take care of them. The finish is going to be inferior to the Tenifer finish, but that shouldn't mean much if you take care of the pistol.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Welcome to the HS part of this website, yep my gen 1 has lots and lots of rounds and still works just fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are a few of my pistols, yes the Suppressers are Form 4 approved and legal in Texas. The hard chromed P7M8 has been my primary CHL carry pistol for 6 long years and has seen serious holster and firing time but continues to perform flawless.
I think I agree that the finish on the HS2000 pistols is better than the Springfield finish, mine is holding up just fine. I am happy to hear from some of you who have really shot the crap out of the HS2000 without problems. Has anyone here had to replace a recoil spring, mine feels like it is a little weak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts