Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After tonight I have 620 rounds through my .40. I had a FTF tonight on the third round of a mag full of WWB personal protection. I dropped the mag out and pulled the slide back until the round fell out. It looked like the round caseing was scored a little so I left it out. I finished that mag and another with the same ammo with no problems. I then put that round in a mag by itself and it fired fine. Has anybody had a problem with the WWB personal protection in a 180 grain? Since everything else went fine I think the scoring on the round may have been the culprit. Thanks.

P.S. I was at the range with my friend who bought a .40sc this weekend. That little gun is sweet and I may have to look into getting one. Oh well the madness has begun.

Shaun

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are you saying that you use WWB for personal protection? I am not so sure about that, I would be using a top-grade self defense round for that!!!???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well. I'm using it at the moment because that's all I have. I will be buying better personal defense ammo though. I think I have the meaning of FTF wrong. The round fired fine after I put it back in. What happened though was it didn't feed. I'm not sure if I limp wristed it that one time or the caseing being scored was the culprit.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Winchester make hard primers and there are many report of FTF with Winchester primers.
My last .40 was a CZ, and I noticed I did have alot of problems with Winchester. The last box I bought for my .45 had some rounds, with not enough powder charge. If you want some carry ammo that is non HP, I highly suggest Magtech. I have never had a problem with it. If you are just going to the range, Winchester is fine but I prefer Blazer never had any problems with it myself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only reason I have the WWB is my FIL gave me the box along with a range bag for my birthday. I use Hornadays in my Makarov and have never had a problem with those HP's. I usually use the Blazers for range ammo, but since I had the box of Winchesters I figured I'd see how they did. I'm not really worried about it, but I'm not happy either as this was the first time a have had a hickup with the gun.. I'll pick up a box of better SD rounds and see how they do through the gun.

·
Registered
825 Posts
If you are just going to the range, Winchester is fine but I prefer Blazer never had any problems with it myself.
At the risk of looking like I'm following you around. . . ;)

I too prefer Blazer (the brass kind if you reload) over WWB.

(not just because it's cheaper either)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts