Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I finally went out and bought a Stag stripped lower and need to start to save up for the next step.. but what is the next step ? I've done my homework and know what I want its just the order that I should get it IE... pistol grip before the stock. Is there any kind of order that I need to build ?

·
Registered
966 Posts
OK so I finally went out and bought a Stag stripped lower and need to start to save up for the next step.. but what is the next step ? I've done my homework and know what I want its just the order that I should get it IE... pistol grip before the stock. Is there any kind of order that I need to build ?
I would say your next step is a lower parts kit which includes the pistol grip, trigger, hammer, mag catch, bolt catch takedown/pivot pins and all the detents and stuff.

After that you can install your buffer tube and buffer then the butt stock. The upper is what will go on after that.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Lower parts kit will include a standard grip. Not the most ergonomic or comfortable. I suggest an aftermarket grip. Hogue makes a nice comfortable grip but there are several worth buying. The grip is integral to the receiver tube (buffer tube) as it houses a spring detent and another one for the safety selector switch.

I would personally get everything together necessary to build the lower completely. Then you are ready to simply pin the upper assembly in place.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
your next step is the LPK if you don't want the Pistol Grip that comes with it you can also order the grip that you want at the same time.

if you want a more custom LPK you could always hand pick what you want and you will have no extra parts left over.

I personally can't stand the OEM pistol grip so i would order a MIAD but thats just me.

Unless you order a stock at the same time you will have about 5 extra parts left over put them in a plastic baggie and save them until you get the stock of your choice.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LPK, MIAD ? are these manf. ?

your next step is the LPK if you don't want the Pistol Grip that comes with it you can also order the grip that you want at the same time.

if you want a more custom LPK you could always hand pick what you want and you will have no extra parts left over.

I personally can't stand the OEM pistol grip so i would order a MIAD but thats just me.

Unless you order a stock at the same time you will have about 5 extra parts left over put them in a plastic baggie and save them until you get the stock of your choice.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
LPK = lower parts kit
not exactly sure what MIAD is...

I think aimsurplus has cmmg LPKs for a good price. I spent a little more and got a Rock River Arms parts kit from ar15sales.com (the guy sells them labelled on his website as "highest quality lower parts kit")

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
LPK = lower parts kit
not exactly sure what MIAD is...

I think aimsurplus has cmmg LPKs for a good price. I spent a little more and got a Rock River Arms parts kit from ar15sales.com (the guy sells them labelled on his website as "highest quality lower parts kit")
I have the RRA and CMMG LPK's. I like the RRA much better. ;)

Check out my acronym usage!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
LPK, MIAD ? are these manf. ?
LPK = Lower Parts Kit (all the springs and trigger and hammer, etc.
MIAD = MIssion ADaptable grip from Magpul Industries. I really like mine. I can change the backstrap and put the smaller one on when my kids are shooting my AR and put the fatter one on when I shoot it.

I bought a complete Bushmaster lower, and the trigger sucked rotten eggs. I now have a RRA National Match 2-stage trigger. I definitely recommend getting the RRA 2-stage LPK.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
sorry I some times forget that not everyone knows the acronyms and I was typing it on my phone

The LPK (lower parts kit) in your may release bolt catch/release trigger trigger springs hammer and springs selector switch pivot and take down pins a drop in buffer catch pistol grip and several détente and springs

The only part you can't install without a stock and recieved tube are the take down pin and the buffer catch as the plate that will come with the receiver tube holds the détente and spring in place and the receiver tube holds the buffer catch in place.

There are some very detailed instruction on arfcom as well as some videos

The MIAD is a customizable grip made by magpul which I find to be very comfortable it also has storage compartment for extra batteries/bolt &firing pin/ extra round depending on which insert you are using

·
Registered
324 Posts
My suggestion would be to order the LPK, upgraded grip, stock (with buffer tube, etc...) and any other upgrades like KNS pins, etc... in any order you want, but don't assemble any of it until you have all of it. The reason is that there are lower parts that are held in place by the grip and others that are held in place by the stock and buffer tube so if you don't already have these, you can't completely install the lower parts. This means you have to save some small parts that would be easy to lose before the other items arrive.

For a grip, my suggestion is the Magpul MIAD. My second choice would be the Hogue. Both are far superior to the standard grip you will get in your LPK. For a stock, I like the Magpul CTR. However, buy the buffer tube first and make sure you know if you got a commercial tube or a mil spec tube since that will determine which stock you order.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I agree. The Magpul MIAD and CTR are both great products. I've got both of them and love them !!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great info I guess my local shop forgot to tell me this or just wanted me to wait to mess up then have them fix it... for a price of course.

My suggestion would be to order the LPK, upgraded grip, stock (with buffer tube, etc...) and any other upgrades like KNS pins, etc... in any order you want, but don't assemble any of it until you have all of it. The reason is that there are lower parts that are held in place by the grip and others that are held in place by the stock and buffer tube so if you don't already have these, you can't completely install the lower parts. This means you have to save some small parts that would be easy to lose before the other items arrive.

For a grip, my suggestion is the Magpul MIAD. My second choice would be the Hogue. Both are far superior to the standard grip you will get in your LPK. For a stock, I like the Magpul CTR. However, buy the buffer tube first and make sure you know if you got a commercial tube or a mil spec tube since that will determine which stock you order.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Go to RB precision's website. There you can get customized and partially pre assembled lower parts kits. They have great prices too! You can have them leave off the standard grip for example, and they will adjust the price. I ordered a kit minus the grip, trigger guard, and trigger assembly and they adjusted the price accordingly. This way you dont have the extra unecessary parts laying around. They have everything you need, stocks, LPK's, grips, buffers and buffer springs. Not to mention great customer service.

RB Precision

If you have questions, they are fast on email responses, and are more than willing to help you out on the phone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts