Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked it up and can't wait to shoot it. Its a 1989 W. German 226 that is is great condition. Little to no wear on the slide, frame and rails. It came with Houge grips and a single mag that ended up being defective. It feeds snap caps but won't drop when the slide is locked back. The mag is not marked and has dimples so it is not the 15rd mag. I picked up a new mag on base today and the follower and baseplate are different. The mag that came with the gun has no markings to tell how many rounds are in the mag and the follower tilts. The new mag solved the problems I was having while working with my snap caps and the trigger is butter smooth. Hopefully this week I can run a few hundred rounds through it. This is one of my dream guns and I was able to pick it up for $500. This is my first all metal DA/SA gun. Everything else are plastic striker guns with the LCP tagging along. The 226 is by far my largest and heaviest pistol but I love!

Here are the two different mags. The mag on the left is the one that came with the gun, the one on the right is the new Sig mag.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congratulations!

My first 'real' gun was a 1988 P226 also. It is why I fell in love with Sig. To this day, I feel like I am shooting a Cadillac of pistols whenever I take her to the range. Absolutely ruined me on the Glocks. It's not just shooting, it becomes about the experience of shooting when I run my P226. i been thinking of getting a newer on in .40.

Looks like yours is in very good condition. Mine was a LE trade in and has much more finish wear.

Happy shooting! You may never be the same :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sig is running a special on their $139 service package, think it's $99 with half price round trip shipping for $29. Cleaned, lubed, new spings, and new Meprolite nite sites.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got bored not too long ago and decided to do a full frame disassembly, this gun must have been a safe queen! Little to no wear on the inside of the frame including the sear, trigger bar and everything else. The springs were a pain in the rear to get out and they felt like they were new. The main spring took a lot of force to remove and get back in.

I will be ordering some Mecgar mags here soon, it is amazing how much less they cost compared to the factory sig mags. It is a blast to shoot and my G19 and XDm are starting to be neglected. It is funny just how simple the Glock and XD are compared to the Sig. It takes no time and almost zero effort to strip the Glock and XD compared to the Sig.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If you need more mags, I highly recommend the Mec-Gar 18-round flush-fit mags. They're all I use with the P226.

Sig 226 9mm 18rd Anti-Friction Mag New Mec-Gar
+1.

MecGar also has 20 round P226 magazines with a very well fitting extension on the bottom of the mag. I shoot with a few of these and they feed flawlessly.

The new Sigs now come with Mecgar manufactured magazines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts