Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a beautiful Springfield Armory 1911-A1 with iron sights.

First thing, a safety check, just in case.
\A small plastic clamp helps hold the piece in position.

Here's basically what your eyes see right before you apply the Glow-On.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the idea:

For just a few bucks I can do the same to more than 20 firearms, all by myself.
At home, my firearm and my friends firearms.

In fact if I get $5.00 from my buddies, mine is free and i'll buy beer for everyone...
Get it? Hope so.

We like to do a lot with just a little. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At the end of the day, this is one way to improve over what one might have. The vast majority of firearms for sale today are fitted with standard white dots or bare iron sights. Some users might be OK with that, some might try an upgrade.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
farsidefan1 said:
I have viewed this product with interest but have held off because I don't want to make a mistake and "get it wrong" (My small motor muscle control ain't what it used to be - trembling). How hard is it to apply? Does an applicator come with it? And if I screw it up how hard is it to remove if I do miss the target?
Thanks for the question.
I will post in about an hour. ( hope so..) the easiest tutorial i can come up with . I'll try to touch the points you mention.

·
Registered
536 Posts
How impervious Is the glow on paint to chemicals that one would use to clean a firearm?

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How impervious Is the glow on paint to chemicals that one would use to clean a firearm?
Acetone will soften the paint,in fact is one way to remove it, another way is to use the wooden handle of a thin brush and with a mighty push dislodge the small bit of paint.
in the end is basically an acrylic plastic with bits of harder than steel sand.

Oils will not harm it.

An acid bath will destroy it obviously.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Any pics examples of gun sights using 2 different colors? Say green rears and a orange front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts