Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am a die hard 1911 fan, and have only carried anything else only as a back up, ( with the exception of my SIG P220 I used for a couple months, then traded it for a 1911...ah well.) I have been kicking around the idea of gettig an XD for a while now, going on a year actually, and my wife bought me one after I returned from my wonderful, government paid vacation to the desert, so I was almost forced into it. Wow is all I can say. It is by far the most comfortable gun I have ever held next to my Wilson CQB. She got me the XD .40 becasue she knows the lack of respect I have for the 9 milli-wiener. ( Ive seen the effects of 9mm ball ammo combined with the m-9 / M-92 pistol, so lets just say I am biased.) But in all fairness, I am not pig headed enough not to acknowledge the fact that with modern defensive ammunition, the 9 is fine in most instances. ( Lord dont let my 1911 buddies hear that) But back on topic, this gun is great. Fits me like a friends handshake, shoots liek a laser beam, ( with 165gr Gold Dots) my wife can actually use it with a minimun of fuss ( shes kinda recoil shy), I taught her how to handle it and make good slow fire hits very quickly. The use of snap caps in the magazines also helped cure here somewhat of trigger flinch, as she develpoded it shooting my .45 without much guidance as to shooting technique. I got the package deal with the gun, cheapo holster, ( she rides in blade tech at the moment) three high caps, and lock. I got one hell of a deal too, for my area, and since then , three of my friends have bought one, also in .40 . We are thinking about shooting some IPDA with em, and seeing what the guns , and u s for that matter can do. All in all I must say , i will never retire ,my 1911, but the XD will see some serious carry time.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Glad to hear you like your XD and converted a few friends to the XD line.

Put a few thousand rounds down line and they work even better.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
First off, welcome abaord. Secondly, I have guns that I will never retire either but it doesnt mean that I cant love my XD's. i think most gun nuts have plenty of love to spread around between their ...toys

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Much to my wifes dismay, guns are my passion. Hell Ive got more thna I will ever need. I ran into a Marine while I was in the desert, and we got to talking for a while, about this and that, and then came the subject of our hometowns,. Come to find out we are both from Kentucky. Then we moved on to hunting and then of course guns. ( he actually had just bought and XD 40 4 inch before he left the states) and even this die hard Marine was saying, " Damn , what do you need all those guns for?" ( I carried some printouts of digital pics of my gun safe....lol...behind my loving wifes pictures of course.) Lets just say, I am a gun nut. And now I cant stop kicking around Ideas for tinkering with my XD. OOOOHHH.....and Open division XD....hmmm...?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
230grJHP said:
So is the comp available or just a proto?
Right now I think just a proto till he gets it well tested there is a link in my signture for canyon creek Give Rich a call or email he is great and when you get tired of all that pre-travel he can take care of that too :shock:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Welcome home!
Welcome to the forum!
Welcome to the XD family!

We're gonna need to see some pics of your arsenal, of course. ;)

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Welcome.

Why does it seme that those of us that love the 1911s and Sig 220 usually pick the XD-40? Thats exactly what I did. Didn't think I'd buy another plastic pistol after my Glock 17, but I love the XD-40.

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Brickboy240 said:
Welcome.

Why does it seme that those of us that love the 1911s and Sig 220 usually pick the XD-40? Thats exactly what I did. Didn't think I'd buy another plastic pistol after my Glock 17, but I love the XD-40.

- Brickboy240
I dunno what you're talkin' about, because I got a XD-9 :wink:

Welcome abord. If you have any dumb questions, just search for my posts, I'm sure I've already asked them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brickboy240 said:
Welcome.

- Brickboy240
Because ther are all great guns, and they fit the hand well...Except for the 1st gen glocks, they never really fit my hamd comfotably until the finger grooves came out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I just do my job. Its all I can do. Actually its all I enjoy, my job and my guns. Pretty satisfying actually. Guns....MMMMM......now with my plans to get rid of the M9....... :twisted:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I went the other way actually. I had 2 XD's both in .40, one 4" one 3". I traded the 4" in for a Kimber. I am keeping the sub though. I love the XD and I will always keep one.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
at least one of each is a must in my book

·
Registered
387 Posts
The XD is sort of like a modern version on the 1911.

It is a single action with a grip safety with a grip angle similer to the 1911.

The major difference it is works fine out of the box unlike many Kimbers, Springfields and a few other so called good modern 1911's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts