Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plunger tube fell off my 1911. The finish is parkerized. SA sent me an email that ALL replacement tubes are the standard blue finish and not phosphate finish. They said they will phosphate a plunger tube in an attempt to get close to the finish I have although they are rarely the same from batch to batch.

Has anyone had this happen before? Did you get the tube to match your finish or is this just an excuse to cover a shoddy repair?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
The plunger tube fell off my 1911. The finish is parkerized. SA sent me an email that ALL replacement tubes are the standard blue finish and not phosphate finish. They said they will phosphate a plunger tube in an attempt to get close to the finish I have although they are rarely the same from batch to batch.

Has anyone had this happen before? Did you get the tube to match your finish or is this just an excuse to cover a shoddy repair?

Thanks
Had one fall off my old SA custom as well. I wasn't dealing with SA but my issue was just finding a park'd steel tube. I eventually just put a blue tube on it. The gun is 20 years old and has 45k rounds through it so I didn't fret too long. That was a year or so ago and I haven't even thought about it since. Don't notice it and haven't thought about it until now.

I suspect that they didn't want to refinish the gun for a $15 part but if it bothers you I would call CS and complain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts