Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been bobbling around trying different grips for bullseye. I shoot with some FBI and PWS bubbas in my league and one of them popped out some slick looking black grips made by Kensight, which is normally a sight company and a dang good one at that. The grips were Kensight 1911 Sharkskin grips and I liked them, they had nearly as much traction as VZ Operators, but much less expensive. Sighted in my 1911 and shot a 262 on the NMC even with the an equipment change with new grips. Nice. They're plastic, well DuPont Zytel...which according to the "google' is a nylon resin, so...who cares, well that's the same thermoplastic that's used on engine covers so its pretty durable stuff. They're not exotic, surprisingly they don't feel cheap, but they are, regardless they appear to work pretty dang good. I'll throw up some photos with the grips on when I get back from work.

Bottom line, if you're looking for high traction grips, want to spend $20 or less, check out the Kensight Sharkskins. Brownells has a great price.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/grip-parts/grips/1911-sharkskin-grips-prod68565.aspx

Grips in the package, they're not that shiny, and I'll put up a photo later.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
They look good, but I'm addicted to VZ's.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
100% agreed, VZ IMO is the gold standard for micarta/synthetic grips. The Kensight sharksin grips are IMO a good alternative for those on a budget. One thing I haven't experienced is shooting with a lot of moisture/sweat with the Kensights.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Looks kinda like my Becker BK9's handle after I stippled it but prettier. Probably an excellent option for a budget build.

I'm old fashion and love double diamonds and front strap checkering personally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts