Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

My wife gave me a great present for Fathers day. She gave me $800 to get myself a new pistol!!!!Ive decided to get a .45 to go with my SA-XD40 and SA-XD9.

So i was wondering what would be the BEST .45acp 1911 type pistol for $800? I live in Chin....ooops i mean CA. Im hoping to find the usual (reliability, accuracy, yadda yadda). It doesnt have to be springfield but that is my preference because my other SA have been VERY reliable.

Thanx.

·
22,001 Posts
SA Range Officer

SA Loaded...

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Don't think you will find either model available in Kali. Neither one has a magazine safety.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I would have to agree with the Range Officer,just picked one up about a month ago and it shoots great,probably one of the better deals around for the cash.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Just picked up a RO last month. Shoots great and is reliable, but I only have 150 rounds through it. Love it.

Sorry...I jist looked at the case it came in...not legal in Cali.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
So i was wondering what would be the BEST .45acp 1911 type pistol for $800? I live in Chin....ooops i mean CA. Im hoping to find the usual (reliability, accuracy, yadda yadda). It doesnt have to be springfield but that is my preference because my other SA have been VERY reliable.
Is your preference a 5" pistol versus a 4 or 3" barrel? Are you looking for a lightweight pistol for carry or is this a range gun? Standard or night sights? Great suggestions so far but if you are looking to carry, the heavy RO with target sights may not be the "best - for you" but there should be a Loaded model with the config you want. Kimber also has a model or two in your price range depending on the features you want.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
I was going to suggest the Ruger SR1911, I love mine as noted several threads. You could keep about $150 of that gift money for holster, ammo, whatever. But then read you are in CA, so no go.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Range Officer or the Ruger 1911 as said with some money to spare on mags and holster!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
After finally getting to handle and field strip one of the new Ruger 1911s...man...I'd say to give that one a try. for the money, it is a really nicely done 1911 and I want one (even though I already have 2 Colts, a Springer and a Kimber). A steal for about 650 bucks.

Spend the remainder on a holster, extra mags and ammo.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
It's kind of funny how people keep recommending pistols the OP can't buy.
After finally getting to handle and field strip one of the new Ruger 1911s...man...I'd say to give that one a try. for the money, it is a really nicely done 1911 and I want one (even though I already have 2 Colts, a Springer and a Kimber). A steal for about 650 bucks.

Spend the remainder on a holster, extra mags and ammo.

- brickboy240
And the hits just keep on coming!

·
Registered
691 Posts
The OP can afford the ruger, I found one at at local shop for $475
Not a question of affordable or not, it's a legality issue with the peoples republik of commiefornia. Not legal there.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Ooops!

Just went back and looked...sorry you cannot buy a Ruger 1911. I guess I am just too used to living in Free America.

I'd go for one of the Springfields on the list.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
I like my Remington R1. Picked it up for $669.00.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Move out of Kalifornia and back to the United States and get what you want.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts