Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the pd picked up 4 Remington 1911s and need magazines. Who has some they would sell, or where is the best place to buy some? don't need Remington brand but must be reliable. Officer will depend on these mags.

Thanks for suggestions or possible seller

sent from the german sheperd next to me

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot need 12 of them. 3 per 1911

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Have the PD look for magazines on line. There are usually good deals on line from the online gun stores. (Wow, a lot of "online" in this reply! :D).

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha yeah. Which brands do I look for. I'm not a 1911 guy. One of the platforms I know little about

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
I run Chip McCormick at the range w/o problems.

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
Concur on Wilson 47's.

McCormick isn't bad either.

As to where to find them?

Try the usual suspects;,CDNN, Midway, Brownells, etc.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Another vote for Wilson 47s.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I run Wilson combat d47 in mine, not one problem. I've not had a problem out of my factory mags either at range but I've heard stories.
I bought Wilson combat in my 1940s era. They are built like a Springfield xd magazine. I run an 8 round and it's barely longer than a flush 7 round. I was going to get these online but found them at a gun show. Wilson and chip McCormick make 10 round Maxine's that are supposed to be really great but I can't attest to the reliability of them

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
1000% Wilson Mags

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. I'll let the chief know. He will have to get them ordered.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Why not call the manufactor and order a bunch from them? I've never had a problem with the SA 1911 mags!!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Why not call the manufactor and order a bunch from them? I've never had a problem with the SA 1911 mags!!
Because he'd be ordering Remington mags. Not really a QC company under it's current owner.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Check Mate.
This. The only make that has functioned flawlessly in all four family 1911s.

I'll never again waste my money on other more-famous makers.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Brownells often runs a bundle deal for multiple Wilson Combats...also used to offer LEOs discounts...would be my first inquiry by telephone

**not saying that just cuz they're my home state offering ;)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I haven't read or heard anything horible about the Wilson combat 10 round magazines. So one of these days I will get one. I have the 8 round magazine that just barely hangs out the gun and it's great. It helped make my 70 year old 1911 a lot more reliable. Just make sure with any 1911 You should check and change recoil springs as needed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts