Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a crossbreed for my XD40SC and love it, now that I am carrying a GI 1911 more I am wondering if the crossbreed is just as good for the 1911 as it is for the XD. so any 1911's out there using a crossbreed?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Just switched over myself. used to carry a 9mm XD Sub in a crossbreed and now carry a compact 1911. it conceals much nicer. I can conceal a 5" 1911 as good as a sub compact XD.

1911's are much thinner.

·
Registered
18,709 Posts
Just switched over myself. used to carry a 9mm XD Sub in a crossbreed and now carry a compact 1911. it conceals much nicer. I can conceal a 5" 1911 as good as a sub compact XD.

1911's are much thinner.
I'm really leaning towards a 1911 for carrying...I use the XD45 compact now and I would like something thinner. The K&D Dakota Defender is awesome for a 5" 1911 if you like all leather...

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I've got both an XD-45 Compact in a ST but I've been carrying my 4" Kimber Pro Carry II in a ST while the XD is out getting fixed. The ST holster for the 1911 is great but you may have to alter location or clothing. The grip length and height on your GI should be about the same as my PC II and my experience is that even though the 1911 is thinner, the 1911 is a little taller and the the handle on the Kimber sticks out about a 1/2" inch more than the XD even though my XD has a Pierce extension. Doesn't sound like much but it's noticable when I bend over or lean so I can't wear the Kimber where I normally would. No issues other than that.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have been a little more specific, I already CC my GI, but the holster I have it in has a tendency to shift a little (constantly changing cant) I was wondering if the crossbreed was comfortable, and stable with the 1911.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I should have been a little more specific, I already CC my GI, but the holster I have it in has a tendency to shift a little (constantly changing cant) I was wondering if the crossbreed was comfortable, and stable with the 1911.

Yes it is very much so. Best holster I have ever used for CC. I have used several....

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Absolutely. I use a Crossbreed with both my 1911 and my XD. It's just as comfortable, though the 1911 is a bit heavier.

·
Registered
18,709 Posts
Let me guess, the holster you're using now has only one attachment point to the belt, probably one of those junk metal clips? If so, anything like a ST or any holster that has attachment points on both sides of the pistol is going to be significantly more solid.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me guess, the holster you're using now has only one attachment point to the belt, probably one of those junk metal clips? If so, anything like a ST or any holster that has attachment points on both sides of the pistol is going to be significantly more solid.
the holster I am using was not cheep it is a De Santis Commerce Storefront B2C
and it works if I am not doing a lot of activity, but if my day involves a lot of squatting, siting to standing, in and out of cars the gun has a tendency to sift a little, and some times it makes the butt of the gun stick out from my shirt.

·
Registered
17,761 Posts
Have had mine for like 8 month..fits great and works great!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Humm! the XD40sc in a crossbreed pulls my pants down and slides around and pushes my gutchees down around my knees.More then you need to know,I'm sure,lol :oops:, but I can't imagine carrying my 1911 in one.With that said,I carry mine in a Gelco Concealable ,OWB, in the winter and just a long coat or long sweat shirt. It's hard to beat the crossbreed though for IWB.I have several good brand name IWB holsters but I do use the crossbreed most of the time.

·
Registered
17,761 Posts
Good thick rigid belt + Crossbreed Supertuck + approx 3lb 1991A1 = no problems here!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Good thick rigid belt + Crossbreed Supertuck + approx 3lb 1991A1 = no problems here!

I know several "high profile" people who carry their full size 1911s in Supertucks every day. That is how I found out about the supertuck, from the 1911 users.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what size belt do those clips on the crossbreed need? 2"? 1.5" ?

i cant find anything on their site

thx

·
Registered
17,761 Posts

thx
I believe they will fit up to a 2.5"

My clips busted so I asked them to ship me the J-hooks...they work just as well as the Quik-clips (the Quik clips are thinner material than the J-hooks as well)

·
Registered
19 Posts

thx
I believe they only go up to 1-1/2 inches. Crossbreed sells belts in that size and I couldn't find anyplace on their site that said any different.
I have two of their belts and they are of good quality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
1.5" confirmed. what position are you all carrying a 1911? i'm having issues sitting down at 2:30, a lot of printing at 3, and frankly, just darn concerned about carrying a bfg at the small of my back where it can be reached for...:shock:

the crossbreed is quite comfortable, i'm having to remember to keep the top leather flap towards me when i reholster because it catches on the safety. :evil:

the horsehide is feeling and looking great. got the combat draw on it too. very nice. i really want those 2" belt clips though...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts