Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a Wolff 18# spring that I purchased from pistol-gear.com. With the spring came a new rod and a pack of 3 washers. No where does it say where or which washer to use. The pack shows: 2 bronze washers, 1 Delrin washer (black) and 1 Delrin washer (brown). I am installing this on the XD9 4" with an EFK Firedragon 9mm conversion barrel.
Can someone please assist me by telling me what washer goes where? Thanks!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
From Don's FAQ's - Check out the forum sub catagories. Good info there

How come I have all of these washers? I like and use the bronze material, but Delrin® is a good low friction material and many users asked for it. While looking for the Delrin stock I found Delrin-AF®, which is a Teflon® filled Delrin, and thought “this looks cool.” (Delrin, Delrin-AF and Teflon are registered trademarks of DuPont Chemical Company. DuPont Chemical Company does not sponsor or endorse this application). I wanted to supply all the choices with each order, so the user can make the decision by direct trial.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I didn't purchase Don's rod/spring combo -- I only purchased a Wolff spring - it came with their rod and washers - but I guess it is the same. Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
kevlar119 said:
Thanks,

I didn't purchase Don's rod/spring combo -- I only purchased a Wolff spring - it came with their rod and washers - but I guess it is the same. Thanks again!!
It is not clear on the Pistol-Gear site, but that is Don's Guide Rod packaged with a Wolff spring.

Just put one washer in the hood on the slide, and save the rest as spares for when you lose it. If you do end up losing the washers or have a preference for just one of the materials, email me a [email protected] with your address and I'll send out the replacements. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts