Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my little 17HMR to the out door range and had some ar guys start ragging on me. They had looked at my target where there were many flyers and the grouping was terrible. They didn't realise that this was a new scope and I was tuning it in. They were shooting at 100 yards, I was zeroed at 50 so the HMR is still on at 100 so I asked if I could try their target at 100, they jokingly said "yeah if that that little rimfire will make it there". When I put a full mag through a ragged hole they stoped talking bad and wanted to know all about this little rifle. I love this new 6x18x50mm scope.

·
Registered
895 Posts
my buddy has a savage 17hmr with the accu-trigger or whatever its called, it def is a tac driver, i was very very very impressed on the accuracy of the 17hmr and the fact that its so necked down with so much kinetic energy in such a tiny little slug that its way deadlier than people give it credit, its kills groundhogs like nothing 1st shot and they are fat bastards!!! i'd get one if the ammo was as cheap as .22

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my buddy has a savage 17hmr with the accu-trigger or whatever its called, it def is a tac driver, i was very very very impressed on the accuracy of the 17hmr and the fact that its so necked down with so much kinetic energy in such a tiny little slug that its way deadlier than people give it credit, its kills groundhogs like nothing 1st shot and they are fat bastards!!! i'd get one if the ammo was as cheap as .22
Thats what I have the savage 93r17

·
Registered
114 Posts
Gotta say I love mine to, I have marlin 917V with Nikon UCC 4-12 x 40. I've drilled grey squirrels through the woods before in the head at 90yds easy. As long as the wind is calm it's dead on, I've also killed ground hogs out to 170yds with it one shot right through the ear.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I love my Marlin 917VST, and so does everyone who has ever shot it. I swear that it is quite impossible to miss with the damn thing.

Sorry, my GF has reminded me that that the .17 is "hers" now
I swear she likes that thing more than me.:D

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I wish the 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum was a still around. It's the same concept as a 17HMR except it's using a .2045 projectile. Probably would have had more luck if they had called it the .20 Rimfire Magnum.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Yep, the 17HMR is very accurate....but not for coyotes.

Found out the hard way when I borrowed Dad's 17...went back to the 243 next go-round.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yep, the 17HMR is very accurate....but not for coyotes.

Found out the hard way when I borrowed Dad's 17...went back to the 243 next go-round.

- brickboy240
i've not had a problem with that. 20gr. fmj to the brainpan usually stops em dead in thier tracks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts