Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
sturmruger said:
Were they Springfield mags or were they aftermarket??? Does the guy have any more he wants to sell?
I bought (2) 17 rnd. mags. from Springfield about 2 yrs. ago for about
$35+. You might want to check with Springfield.

Regards.........

C.... :) :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
schorched said:
I didn'r know they made 17 round mags for the XD :evil: .
I received a letter from Springfield telling me that they were available. I filled out the order form and wrote the check to Springfield. However, the mags. don't have the Springfield name on them but they feed just fine. They are all black whereas the stick of the 10 rnders. are bright steel. There are no markings on the mags.
Regards.......
C..... :) :) :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
ARCENG said:
schorched said:
I received a letter from Springfield telling me that they were available. I filled out the order form and wrote the check to Springfield. However, the mags. don't have the Springfield name on them but they feed just fine. They are all black whereas the stick of the 10 rnders. are bright steel. There are no markings on the mags.
Regards.......
Are you sure they aren't Berreta mags???

SA was selling pre-ban Berretta mags for a while as high caps.

Berrettas, Sigs, and about 10 other manufacturers magazines will work in an XD, good things to know if you are in a bind, only thing to worry about is if they are using the same ammo as you.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Heck, if anyone wants mine I will be happy to sell the two I got. I got these form a friend who got them off of Springfield Armory while they were selling them during the ban. They are actualy modified Beretta 92 magazines. There is one problem, if you slam them into your gun, you dammage the ejector/extractor due mag lenght. They need some sort of buffer sleveto keep them from slamming in past the detent. OK for range use, useless for combat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
VegasShadows said:
ARCENG said:
schorched said:
Regards.......
Are you sure they aren't Berreta mags???

SA was selling pre-ban Berretta mags for a while as high caps.

Berrettas, Sigs, and about 10 other manufacturers magazines will work in

an XD, good things to know if you are in a bind, only thing to worry

about is if they are using the same ammo as you.

VegasShadows--
I'm not really sure of anything. All that I know is that they were sold by SA and I've never had a single problem. Anyway, the Springfield XD is not even made by SA----------why quibble about the small stuff ?
Regards.
C.... :) :)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
manygunner said:
Heck, if anyone wants mine I will be happy to sell the two I got. I got these form a friend who got them off of Springfield Armory while they were selling them during the ban. They are actualy modified Beretta 92 magazines. There is one problem, if you slam them into your gun, you dammage the ejector/extractor due mag lenght. They need some sort of buffer sleveto keep them from slamming in past the detent. OK for range use, useless for combat.
One can cut a cleanance slot in the rear of the left side feed lip and have NO PROBLEM with the mags. Every one of my 14 Springfield mags and 6 Beretta mags have a cut for this purpose, as I got tired of breaking ejectors--I broke 3 in 3 different XD pistols. Since the mod--no more breakage. And they all feed fine, before you ask. And I slam my mags HARD, I don't want any clicks when I expect a bang.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I believe these are Beretta mags with a modified baseplate. Notice the thickness of the plates, very thick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts