Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet a guy at my range who uses a Taurus magazine(holds 17 rounds) in his XD-9 service pistol.
He says he has tested it thoroughly which I believe, but I don't remeber seeing any mention of this on any post in this forum.
I know 16 round factory mazagines are now available but I am not sure the firearm dealers in my country plan to order any.
I am also aware that 17 rounds of 9mm can hold in the 12 round .40 magazine with some lip adjustment. That magazine is also not easily available in my country.
Think I can go ahead with the Taurus one. I plan to do my own tests but I am sure it wont be as extensive as what the guy at the range went through.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
twotone,

do a search for berretta magazines on this forum. Before the weapons ban, people were taking berretta 92 mags and reworking them for XD's. I've heard that originally, the XD's mags were old berretta mags that were reworked.

I just checked my tauras 92, and the magazine latch is in a different location so it won't lock. I've read about people redrilling the hole so that it will work.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
The Taurus (and Beretta) magazine will extend below tha bottom of the grip frame about 1/4 inch or so--visually unpleasing. You will have to cut a notch in the front of the Taurus magazine for it to be held in the XD, you buddy obviously already knows how to do this. You may need to cut a clearance notch in the left hand (looking from the rear of the magazine) feed lip near the rear to clear the ejector (NOT the extractor), these mags tend to ride higher into the frame and could break the ejector without a clearance cut. If it were up to me, I'd just get Springfield mags, even if I had to mailorder or wait awhile.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bundyboyz said:
What's up with this high cap mag? This website seems really crappy more glock stuff then anything else... and I doubt these mags are any good. Just a feeling

http://springfieldxdstore.com/pgroup_descrip/3/9/?return=?tpl=index&category_id=3&
I tend to worry when a Web site hasn't updated a product description in almost six years, when it contains dated information. Hurry now, before they are never to be had again.

From springfieldXDstore.com said:
If you live in California, as of January 1, 2000, you can't buy these magazines. As for the rest of the country, don’t wait too long. The ban is bound to catch up with you. Our source has a very limited supply and soon they will all be gone. These magazines are Drop Free and Metal Lined on 3 sides of the magazine tube. The 9mm version holds 33 rounds and the 40 caliber version holds 29 rounds. I’ve tested them and they performed flawlessly! Get them now before they are never to be had again! I trust you will use them for sporting and self-defense purposes only.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Some of the Sig mags (226 or 229 9mm I don't rember which) will also work with the same mods, I think they even worked better them the Beretta mags did.
I had a bunch of them I wasn't using, and modified them while I was waiting for the factory ones I had ordered.
They all worked fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts