Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know the title doesn't make much sense (who would want to lower the capacity?!), but I'm moving to CA cause of work and was wondering if I can just purchase 10rd mags for my XD9 which usually holds 16rds. Are they compatible? I apologize if this is a stupid question, this is my first firearm and I'm not too knowledgeable on this subject.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
And they are 30% off today at Springfield-Armory dot com's store.
Welcome.

kypix

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
since taking the standard cap magazines into the state is illegal, why not post your full-capacity mags up for straight trade for someone leaving Communism to enjoy?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
since taking the standard cap magazines into the state is illegal, why not post your full-capacity mags up for straight trade for someone leaving Communism to enjoy?
If I'm not mistaken*, they are legal to have as parts kits, if he were to take the 16-rounders apart and never put them back together.

Then he could take them with him if he was traveling outside of California, and assemble the mag once over the state line.

* IIRC, this use to be the case, five or so years ago. No clue if it is still. I have never lived in CA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am considering it, but at this point, I'm still in Missouri and don't plan to stay in CA for more than 5 years.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
If I'm not mistaken*, they are legal to have as parts kits, if he were to take the 16-rounders apart and never put them back together.

Then he could take them with him if he was traveling outside of California, and assemble the mag once over the state line.

* IIRC, this use to be the case, five or so years ago. No clue if it is still. I have never lived in CA.
sounds like a good way to get charged with "constructive intent" IMO...I have no idea what why the parts kit loophole would be true (if it indeed is) but I also don't have the flexibility to get my cranium lodged into my posterior which I am certain is a requirement to comprehending gun laws in places like CA, IL, CT, NY, NJ....

I am considering it, but at this point, I'm still in Missouri and don't plan to stay in CA for more than 5 years.
Ok....fair enough...I still wouldn't cross the CA state line with a magazine that can accept more than 10-rounds...if you have some way to keep them on-hand outside the border, thats likely a better idea

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
sounds like a good way to get charged with "constructive intent" IMO...I have no idea what why the parts kit loophole would be true (if it indeed is) but I also don't have the flexibility to get my cranium lodged into my posterior which I am certain is a requirement to comprehending gun laws in places like CA, IL, CT, NY, NJ....
Yeah, it seems like many have trouble fully understanding the laws (myself included). Even those writing the information at the link, below.

It appears the law has changed. Repair kits are now a murky section of California law. I know 44mag.com used to disassemble magazines to ship to folks in California, etc, but they no longer do so. Looks like the new law went into effect Jan 1, 2014.

What Assembly Bill 48 Means to You

1 - 8 of 8 Posts