Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ETA: Dang... Listen to the crickets.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced bayonet, for my carbine length/16" barrel.
This may be a wild goose chase.

I know that the standard M7/M9 bayonets do not fit these, as the length is too long between mount/muzzle.
They fit the 14.5"/carbine, 16"/Middy & rifles.

Requires a modified or specially made bayonet, i.e. spacer block & lengthened tang.

Colt made some for their carbines, but I only know one place to get them and they are (IMO) exorbitantly expensive at $199.95.
PreBanArms.com Home Page

Anyone know of any others?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I made a post about this also, I went on and got the extended M7 for mine. I did not care about the price. I just went on and got it. Its also backward compatible with 20 and 14.5 inch uppers. I really got the thing for my wife, just incase the rifle jams or whatever she can still break this ****** off in some bad guys cheast! Thats if its the tool she chooses to pull out of the safe. I leave the option up to her. Just wanted to give you a shout out also, we are from Anniston Alabama. Ohh and the bayonet will sit over the last ring on the flash hider. I have seen a few videos on the net where people get the wrong one then cry about it messing up the Barrel.

·
Registered
542 Posts
how about a clamp on bayonet mount and a standard bayonet?
I looked for them but nobody had them in stock. Thats why I just got the M7. Also Im not to hip with placing anything around the barrel which might take off the finish. Im like a drama queen with the firearms I buy. I try to keep them looking brand new finish wise. I want to pass my stuff down to my grand kids and my nephew. :cool:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I made a post about this also, I went on and got the extended M7 for mine. I did not care about the price. I just went on and got it. Its also backward compatible with 20 and 14.5 inch uppers. I really got the thing for my wife, just incase the rifle jams or whatever she can still break this ****** off in some bad guys cheast! Thats if its the tool she chooses to pull out of the safe. I leave the option up to her. Just wanted to give you a shout out also, we are from Anniston Alabama. Ohh and the bayonet will sit over the last ring on the flash hider. I have seen a few videos on the net where people get the wrong one then cry about it messing up the Barrel.

Very nice Sir. I'm planning to buy the same.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Bumping an old thread. I have 2 16" ar-15's that have the bayo lug and would like to get the bayonets for them, just because.

Help please?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumping an old thread. I have 2 16" ar-15's that have the bayo lug and would like to get the bayonets for them, just because.

Help please?
Colt Extended M7 Bayonet, just about the only option.
If they can be found, they cost a small fortune, e.g. $200+
I said, "Screw It!" just not worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have found the BBA1 from tacticool22 is a good fix for carbine system bayonet use.. it's a lot less cumbersome than the clamp on lug and worked great on my buddies old Colt.

Check Ebay or google the part number to find it for sale.

Also ~$20 is a heck of a lot better than ~$200 IMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts