Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the ammo can, but just in case you guys don't read over there I will post it here also.

Academy Sports has Monarch ammo for $2.99 per box of 20rds. That is 149.50 per 1K.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just went to the website... it's not that price on there.

Hardwarz

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
how does that ammo rank against the wolf? i think im going to be heading to academy tomorrow.. i'll get at least 2k if its that cheap.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Woo Hoo!

Yes, I called their headquarters here in Houston. The special is an unadvertised in store special...even though the website has their old price...they said ignore it and it is 2.99 a box of 20. Said the sale is good through the end of December. (!!!)

Needless to say, I am picking up 2000k rounds at my Academy tonight after work.

This is the Barnaul Russian stuff. It is marked "Monarch" on the box, but it is definately the Russkie Barnaul loaded ammo. Good stuff...accurate and surefire in all 4 of my SKS rifles.

Wow...I may need to buy a Pre-Obama AK to feed if they keep this ammo price.

Stock up...before Obama gets in and bans your 7.62x39mm blaster. LOL

- Brickboy240

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
i got 2500 rounds today at academy to add to my pre-obama stash.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
Woo Hoo!

Yes, I called their headquarters here in Houston. The special is an unadvertised in store special...even though the website has their old price...they said ignore it and it is 2.99 a box of 20. Said the sale is good through the end of December. (!!!)

Needless to say, I am picking up 2000k rounds at my Academy tonight after work.

This is the Barnaul Russian stuff. It is marked "Monarch" on the box, but it is definately the Russkie Barnaul loaded ammo. Good stuff...accurate and surefire in all 4 of my SKS rifles.

Wow...I may need to buy a Pre-Obama AK to feed if they keep this ammo price.

Stock up...before Obama gets in and bans your 7.62x39mm blaster. LOL

- Brickboy240
can you ask if it is IN STORE ONLY, or in store also? I wouldnt mind having 2,000 at that price.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
From what I gathered...Academy does not ship firearms or ammo - in store only. Someone on the GlockTalk AK board already asked. Sorry...but yes, that is an amazing deal. I have not seen 7.62x39 that cheap in quite some time.

A store near my house said they were out but expecting a shipment. The one near my office has some and thats where I am headed. Both stores say its selling like mad. I bet...Obama is coming.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
:sad:No Academy near me :sad:

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
No Academy within 250 miles :(

Anyone willing to pick some up for me and ship? I'll pay in advance obviously.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Banned
3,651 Posts
You still have to add taxes on top of it. For you guys not near an Academy, AIM has their 7.62 at $129/700rds of Romy stuff. I like wolf, but hey, it's an AK:evil:

·
Super Moderator
3,140 Posts
I thought this deal was too good to be true so as we're running around today I decided I would stop in with my wife to go check it out... sure enough 2.99 a box, snatched up all 30 boxes on the shelf, funny thing was folks in line at the counter were picking up my boxes of ammo and wondering what they were and why I had so many boxes... haha :lol:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts