·
Registered
9,592 Posts
I saw:One.

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was part of a military academy drill team, and we threw around the M-1. Fun times.
After PNCOC, I was the NCOIC of my Units Honor Guard. My last stint we Dedicated a WWI Statue & Cannon at a VFW Post. I met some "LIVING WWI VETS" "A true Honor.!,,,Did funerals too :-(

EDIT: CAN YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION?

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
Nice Try...Thanks for Playing.....
A single "Present Arms".
WTF are you talking about?
Yer a weird dude, @AR180B
1st_Battalion_4th_Marines_Insignia.png

I can post unit emblems too, altho I don't recognize the one you put up...sorry.

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess they don't teach that to the kids of the modern USMC or Army anymore. Veterans 1976 and earlier should know.

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another hint: Count how many time you see the kids in the Video Salute while performing the 15 Count Manual Arms. Then name the move prior to or just after the salute is given so I'll know you're not just Guessing...........:cool:

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
That 15-count Manual of Arms isn't taught to us "kids" in USMC boot camp (I'm 50) because it's bullsh*t...It's JROTC stuff. Sorry, man. NObody in active service is doing that much rifle drill w/out commands for each step. NOBODY.

"Inspection Arms" is a 17-count order given that doesn't even include a salute. It DOES include a visual inspection of the chamber to insure it's clear and a return to "port arms"...THAT'S when the Drill Instructor, or later (as a real Marine), other inspecting officer yanks it out of your grasp for inspection. This is the part where, during an IG inspection, the IG pretends to care where you're from. He doesn't even look at your rifle because he KNOWS you've been getting your ass kicked for six months prior by squad leaders, platoon sargeants, platoon commanders, company commanders, etc.

"Present Arms" is the only order that involves a salute and whether the order is given from a "shoulder arms" position or an "attention" position is the only thing that differentiates the two. One has the rifle butt on the deck with the left arm crossing the body, the other is as shown in your video.

Now...what exactly is your issue? And, for the fun of it, what exactly are you calling a "salute"? I've heard everything from getting flipped the bird to a fart called a salute...what is it you are so proud of keeping from the rest of us? C'mon...this thread won't stay relevant for very long, act now!

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That 15-count Manual of Arms isn't taught to us "kids" in USMC boot camp (I'm 50) because it's bullsh*t...It's JROTC stuff. Sorry, man. NObody in active service is doing that much rifle drill w/out commands for each step. NOBODY.
I totally get that but what surprises me is how few Vets prior to 76 are not chiming in. I'm 57 and the post was arbitrary. BullSh$ite or not based on the Video you can "COUNT" the number on Salutes the Cadet makes. Period..

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When making a salute, your fingers are Aligned......."How many times do the Cadet's perform that maneuver in the 15 CNT MA video?"

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
When making a salute, your fingers are Aligned......."How many times do the Cadet's perform that maneuver in the 15 CNT MA video?"
Aligning one's fingers is not a salute. A hand salute is a salute, Present Arms is a salute. You could say that when he goes to Order Arms there is a salute, but that's a pretty loose interpretation and since my original answer of "One" wasn't even close by your reckoning, I have a hard time figuring that 2 is the answer you're looking for since 2 is about as close to 1 as you can get.

I think the reason you're not getting much traction with this thread is that nobody knows WTF you're getting at and/or WTF you're even talking about....the only one who is showing an interest is me, which is weird because I make a point of not looking at train wrecks and car crashes...I believe it's unspeakably rude to STARE at people who are in a critically horrible and possibly life-altering situation...plus I like to do my part to keep traffic moving and I'm not a ghoul.

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Don't give up on this...U can do it!......:)..... If, when you salute, your fingers are aligned; AND THEY ARE....."How many times do the Cadets align their fingers in this manner in the 15 Count Manual Arms" and now my Question is.,"Name the movement prior to or just after the Cadet Preforms the Salute?..................That is the question....I, Robot..James Cromwell..?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts