Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put almost 2500 rounds through my XD with no jams and I'm loving it! But I have a question: The XD9 HC is marketed as having a capacity of 15+1. But the magazine is marked for 16 rounds. Also, I've found that I can actually fit 17 rounds in each of the 3 mags that came with my XD without any detriment. What gives? At the range I go ahead and load up the mags with 17 rounds to save time reloading, but at home its stays loaded only with the 15 "just in case" (I never use the +1 chambered round). Am I potentially weakening the springs, or is this normal? Thanx in advance for any info...

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
If you got the mags marked for 16 they are the newest xd 9mm magazine. Before to get that capacity you took a 12rnd 40 mag and it held 16 sometimes 17. If you put 16 rnds in your mag dont worry about weakening your springs, the springs are replacable and if your that paranoid just replace them once a year.

·
Registered
889 Posts
One round more then it should hold? :shock: , and it works? :D Dosen't sound like a problem to me :p . IPSC shooters spend tons trying to get one extra round.

·
Registered
359 Posts
You should consider using that +1 capacity of your weapon.

Remember, an unloaded gun is useless.

Will you have enough time to rack the slide if you need it in a hurry? Will you remember to rack the slide at all? Wouldn't it be nice to have one extra shot? Don't you think having to rack the slide to chamber a round will give away the tactical advantage should an intruder get into your house (the sound will give up your position)? There are an infinite number of scenarios that one could come up with as reasons to keep the chamber loaded...

The XD is perfectly safe to keep loaded. Just make sure you're well versed in safe gun handling practices. However, if you're more comfortable with an empty chamber, more power to you! Be safe.

-stunks

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I was loading my mags the other day, and one of the 12 rounders took 13. I wasn't sure if it actually had 13, so I unloaded it and 13 came out but could not get 13 in again. Must have been a fluke how the bullets lined up in the mag. Anyone else have this happen?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts