Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had some time to try my 14# sprinco spring and found it works great the coils diameter is alot smaller .so you get a longer spring.Operates really well and alot light than my sub recoil.
I tried with some light powder rounds and some full powder 180 grain bullets and am very pleased.I have to have the trigger done on my service so I fall back in love with it.
Maybe Rich will run a group buy discount :shock: and we can send him a bunch.LOL
Never hurts to ask Rich is the trigger God :D

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
What kind of difference do you feel. Faster followup shots? Do you feel increased recoil? I shoot some light 180 gr load 3.5gr titegroup and want to try some lighter springs.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
nickc50310 said:
how does a 14lb spring make for less recoil?
Theoretically it doesnt. but it does allow the action to move a lot faster which makes the recoil faster and easier to controll.

a heavyer spring slows down the action and "softens" the recoil, but it... slows down the action.

think of it like a bandaid. if you pull a bandaid off fast, it doesnt hurt and you can get back to what your doing. if you pull it off slow, its painfull, and its... slow.

not a great annology, but it works in my mind.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sounds interesting. You might want to consider fabricating some kind of recoil buffer for your XD. The slide might be slamming back hard enough to cause some wear or damage, not to mention increasing the felt recoil. A buffer, some sort of pad in the guide rod assembly, might maximize the benefits you are perceiving.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if you could use the tactical sprinco recoil buffer and just cut it down an inch??
Old school if you read this please chime in I know you have them listed in your store now
Note the cases are still closer then the stock setup? :shock:

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I was reading on the springs forum that some of guys with .45 raceguns on Brian's site use 10# and 12# springs. :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts