Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had 60 guys and gals as well as a bunch of XDS and other weapons at this better than usual match. Mother-nature helped partly in the match design. After a substantial rain we had guite a bit of standing water so I put a shooting platform and pier in the middle of a pond, with targets on the pond's edge, catching reflections and mud and water geysering from low hits in the water. Twisted's "ON MUDDY POND" was quite a sight. Jamescal, Leibster, XD Broadway, and Core dump I'm sorry, you probably missed the quintessential Mr Twisted stage of all time. This will go down in history with AIRLINER AND MYSTERYHOUSE.

The forum was supported at the match by Computer Geek, Railroader, and a New convert from the Glock Talk forum YAMAMA. I'll let you get their report..

[ February 17, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Twisted ]

·
Registered
10 Posts
For our anniversary, my wife and I ran away to Tucson for the weekend.

Sorry I missed it Twisted. Sounds like ya'll had a heap of fun.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes, and I was at the SHOT Show in Orlando on business. Sounds like I missed a great match!

I hope to make the next one.

--Leibster

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
ummm... shooting over water?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Twisted's "On Muddy Pond" will go down as a classic. The pier idea was awesome. It was too much watching one of the shotgunners walk through the water to get to the pier instead of following the dry path. I laughed my ass off over that one. One of the biggest challenges of Twisted's pond was keeping your spent mags from dropping in the drink. Don't sell stage 5 short. Looking for the steel through the windows is always a blast. You guys missed a fun one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts