Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I popped my new to me AR's cherry today as well as fed my XD 45 ctac a healthy meal.

XD ate 590 rounds of mixed Federal, WWB, and PDX1, all flawless with no issues.

AR did 760 rounds of mixed Remington 55gr, Federal 55gr and Hornady TAP 60gr, again alll flawless with no issues

Got my Lucid HD7 tuned and tweaked to under .75" @100 yds (I did a 50yrd zero)

PMags worked great as did the Lucid and my recently mounted Magpul UBR and AFG2. I swapped a few inserts on my CAA grip in order to find my perfect grip.

My buddy had his AR, about 200 rounds for him and about 300 rounds with his .40 S&W steel frame, he figured out his gun does not like anything round nose, but feeds flawless HP's...which is his carry gun so its weird but works

We both shot 2 half pound containers of tannerite and I finished the day off with a 1 pounder.

All in all a good day.

His daughter took a vid of the one of the 1/2lb tannerite explosions, I will post it when I get it this week.

and even though its not of us shooting today, here is a few pics because "pics or it didn't happen!"

here is a recent build pic of my AR

here is my XD 45 ctac @ 20 yds (yes, a little low and left, but this was all parallux style shooting, and honestly, its good enough for SD in my book)

and here is my shoulder after today

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sounds like you and your buddy had a BLAST!

Im sure the bruise on your chest is all worth it;)

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you and your buddy had a BLAST!

Im sure the bruise on your chest is all worth it;)
Yup......

Don't even feel the bruises, mostly just broken vessels under the skin.......

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yikes. An AR-15 is the next thing on my to-buy list. They are just so dang expensive! Looks like it will be a ton of fun once I get one though!

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yikes. An AR-15 is the next thing on my to-buy list. They are just so dang expensive! Looks like it will be a ton of fun once I get one though!
Compared to an XD, yes they are a little pricy, but you can get into a decent AR for 800 to 1500, unless you going into combat, spending more than that is not needed IMHO

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best part of today was starting @ 60ish yards out and walking quickly forward toward the target (A very large pine stump on its side) shooting the AR, changing mags, emptying that one then switching quickly to the XD and running through 2 mags by the time I got tpp15 yds.....83 rounds of mixed small arms over the course of 55ish yds.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh I love marching my targets, it's especialy fun when you get three guys in line all marching the same target. What stock is that on your AR it looks awesome? Is the foward angle grip as small as it looks? I was thinking of getting one to put on my AK-47 but I was under the assumption it was big enough to get your hand on and your thumb through the hole like a thumb hole stock. If it's as small as it looks I'll never get my hand around it comfortably. Nice grouping with the .45 consistancy is the hardest thing to learn or it is for me anyway.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I love marching my targets, it's especialy fun when you get three guys in line all marching the same target. What stock is that on your AR it looks awesome? Is the foward angle grip as small as it looks? I was thinking of getting one to put on my AK-47 but I was under the assumption it was big enough to get your hand on and your thumb through the hole like a thumb hole stock. If it's as small as it looks I'll never get my hand around it comfortably. Nice grouping with the .45 consistancy is the hardest thing to learn or it is for me anyway.
Thanks......

The stock is a magpul UBR, I really like it, but its pricy....the AFG is the Magpul AFG2 which is the smaller one....nope, fingers don't go through it (I think that would be a bad idea anyway...good way to breakb your thumb/finger) Thers is an larger origional AFG from Magpul, but I don't know what dimensions change other than I know its longer.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I wish I had a place around me to use tannerite. ;) ;) (nudge, nudge) :lol:

Looks like a good day to me. Plus you got a kid out there to do some shootin too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts