Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put 225 rounds thru my brand new xdm-9 3.8 yesterday. The 19 round magazine performed flawlessly, however the 13 round magazine had a feed problem on the last 2-3 rounds of every reload. Is this a weak magazine spring problem and how can I fix it?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
First, make sure it is not just the shorter grip length allowing more barrel flip on recoil. This will negate some ofd the energy needed to cycle the slide fully. Next disassemble the mags and check for any plastic flash on the follower or dirty interior binding smooth action. Lube with dry type silicone spray or automotive wax and shoot again with tight grip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, make sure it is not just the shorter grip length allowing more barrel flip on recoil. This will negate some ofd the energy needed to cycle the slide fully. Next disassemble the mags and check for any plastic flash on the follower or dirty interior binding smooth action. Lube with dry type silicone spray or automotive wax and shoot again with tight grip.
Thanks. Only problem was with this one magazine, so I'll check it out and then shoot it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts