Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their any appreciable difference in your experience of research?

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Is their any appreciable difference in your experience of research?
It really depends on what you're going to use them for. If you just want to punch holes in paper, either will do. For competition, the heavier bullet with a lighter load will create a little less muzzle flip. For SD, I prefer the 124 GFDHP. The 124 GDHP seems to have a large following and in my own (not too scientific (water jugs) test, they prove to be everything that this site claims: Pistol Cartridges (9x19mm Luger)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Isn't the 135 grain a 40 S&W weight?

In my XD9-SC I get the best expansion from Federal 147 gr +p HSTs.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I personally used the 124gr +P stuff in my HK when I carry it (Speer Gold Dot).

Also, who makes the 135gr +P 9mm load you are talking about? The ONLY 135gr load I am aware of for the 9mm is the Federal Premium Personal Defense Low Recoil stuff which is nowhere near +P and doesn't shoot very well out of any of my 9mm pistols.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
The owner and instructor at TDI here in Ohio has stated that 124 grain and 124 +P are the most common SD loads he sees at the school. I am planning on getting 124 grain +P Dold Dots when i can get them.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
The owner and instructor at TDI here in Ohio has stated that 124 grain and 124 +P are the most common SD loads he sees at the school. I am planning on getting 124 grain +P Dold Dots when i can get them.
Be sure to report back on the accuracy of those Dold Dots.:razz:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hey...if you can't convince them confuse them...LMAO:lol:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Federal Tactical Bonded also has a 135+P round. sales very well when I can get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts