Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna use win231 for 124 gn xtp but no info for it have lynam lee and hornady books and a hodgon 2011 magazine. Can i use the 125 gn hp info starting at 3.9 gns? Thanks!

·
Registered
602 Posts

This is an older booklet, but it shows 4.7 to 5.3gr of W231 under 9mm 124gr XTP.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Few books will deisgnate specific bullets. If you want true XTP data, then you need a Hornady manual. You can use dat from other sources if using it as a starting point & working the load up in 0.1gr increments in small lots of no more than 10rds. The OAL is the tricky part, very bullet & gun specific. So load to the longest OAL that fits YOUR gun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i loaded 10 rds but i went with a oal of 1.085. I will start over and pull those sometime and go longer. The photo doesnt show a XTP rd for 124 gn that i see? Am i missin something? thanks for the help though. I will have to get some different powder for the 124s I dont want any problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I got some Unique so im good to go now. Oal is 1.094 Did 10 rds each starting at 4.1gns up to 4.5 Now to go shoot and see what i got! Book called for col at 1.060. I can only go about .015 to .020 more before rd wont chamber.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok shot all the ammo i loaded and the ammo with 231. No signs of high pressure in any of them. Accuracy wasnt bad but was better with the 4.5 gn of unique. Happy I got my first 50 rds downrange with no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts