Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy team,
I just got a factory 12 rounder and tried loading it last night. It was the hardest mag I've ever tried to load. I mean I almost couldn't get number 11 and 12 in the mag. If it were a woman (not saying anything bad) trying to load it, they most certainly couldn't fill it. I am hoping the spring will fatigue a bit in time if I leave it fully loaded.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
YEP, same thing for me.
I thought it was going to stay like that!

I just left them loaded for a few weeks and now it's like butter!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
They do break in a bit after being used awhile and, as mentioned, leaving them loaded will help accelerate this break in. I went ahead and got me a HKS magazine loader. I purchased the 941 model and had to make some minor modification to make it work better with the XD magazines but it sure saves the thumb and some time at that range.

mcb

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yep, leave them loaded. When I first bought my XD 40, I could only get 10 rounds in the one mag for the first day of shooting, now they load easy and I've had the gun a month or so. I just picked up another mag for it last week and 11 and 12 were tough, and they still are.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had the same problem when I first bought my XD. On my original trip to the range, I spent more far more time loading clips than shooting. I purchased an HKS speedloader (model 452) to ease the pain, but the mags have now broken in enough that it's really not necessary. I do a ton of dry fire drills with Saf-T Trainers, which certainly helped expedite the process.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I just got two new magazines and I loaded them last night with much difficulty. Tonight I am unloading then reloading to exercise the spring. They are starting to get easier. Exercising them and keeping them loaded seems to work pretty good. I used this same procedure with the mags that came with my new XD and they are pretty easy to load now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
After I ran about 250 rounds of WWB roundball through with each mag, it became a snap to get #'s 11 & 12 in! No more sore thumbs. :twisted:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts