Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trolling the net the other night, and i seem to remember seeing a 12 round xd 40 subcompoact mag somewhere. Maybe it was just an extension to the stock 9 round, but i remember thinking it was'nt that much longer than the pinky ext (printing wise). Anyone else know of this? It was about this time the other night, so i'm sure i was almost sleepwalking, but if someone else has seen or heard of this, i'll know i'm not crazy.

·
Registered
240 Posts
with the 12 round mag in your sub it will have a service/tactical length grip on it. So just a little longer than the PPE

Cadet Wilson

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i knew that, i thought i just saw an extended baseplate or something. Like i said, i might just be a little crazy, i'm starting to get a little loopy now. From being tired, that is. Maybe it's time to go to bed....

·
Banned
875 Posts
you can take a xd40sc 10 round mag and use it in a xd9sc and put either 12 or 13 9mm rounds in it.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
you can take a xd40sc 10 round mag and use it in a xd9sc and put either 12 or 13 9mm rounds in it.
Doesn't sound like the BEST of ideas to me...:neutral:

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I recently took one of my hi-cap XD-40 mags and modified the lip to use in my 9mm. After some trial and error I got it to feed with 100% reliability. I put 200 rounds through it on Friday and had no issues with the 9mm mag or the modified mag. The modified mag hold one more round then my standard mag.

·
Banned
875 Posts
I just got back from my local gun store gave me a great deal on a xd40sc mag, 18 dollars ou the door...now what is this lip mod, how to I do it. I was able to get 13 9mm rounds in it the 13th a little tight

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I just got back from my local gun store gave me a great deal on a xd40sc mag, 18 dollars ou the door...now what is this lip mod, how to I do it. I was able to get 13 9mm rounds in it the 13th a little tight
Fill one of your 9mm mags to capacity. Then fill the 40cal with 9mm and set them side by side. If you look at them from the rear you will see that the rounds in the 40cal sit higher. If you bend the ears in evenly along the axis you can get the rounds to sit lower. Make sure the rounds sit at the correct angle when you finish or they will jam into the feed ramp.

On mine, I rolled the ears by placing them on a 2x4 and applying pressure while I "rolled it back and forth. To fine tune it I actually used a small hammer to tap the edges in slightly and to get the angle right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts