Springfield XD Forum banner

12 FTF in 100rd, 30min

724 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  agalindo 
#1 ·
I feel something is terribly wrong with my XD9svc. It became clear that thru shooting some Federal 124gr +P+, WWB 147gr JHP, and CCI Blazer Brass 115gr my CCW is acting up. Overnighted it tonight to SA repair and even sent them photos of the unfired rounds with struck primers. What could've happened to my gun? I haven't dropped it, cleaned it religiously, and even after i polished the barrel I ran 50rd thru it and it functioned flawlessly.

The trigger did feel slightly "mushy." It didn't click with as much force as a newer XD did, but I can't put my finger on the issue. it's been visually compared to several other XD9s and it looks the same. It seems like the trigger causes the firing pin to engage with less force than normal. Any ideas? Thanks and God bless to everyone in advance!

#2 ·
Possibly a small issue with the trigger assembly. I would say that even a small issue with the striker or assembly could cause a lighter than normal strike. Lets us know what SA has to say once its fixed. Also, this is the first time i've heard of this issue with an xd. I once had a buddy who had a NAA .22mag revolver, which would fire only every other round. This was due to the front of the hammer being slightly deformed.

#4 ·
Did you install any aftermarket trigger parts? Sear, safety leaver, springs etc.. ?

#5 ·
What is your round count? Springer sells a stronger striker spring. I probably have 10-20k through my .40 Service, and I'm starting to get some light primer strikes. So I'm replacing it. If you have a high count, this might be something worth looking into. If it is brand new, maybe something is defective with the spring? Does SA have it right now?

#7 ·
bone stock short of TFOs and barrel polishing. i'd say around 6k rounds based on the wear on the barrel when i bought i and how much i've shot thru it since. Can't imagine the armory-koting did anything to it since i've shot probably 1000rd thru it since they AKd the slide.

#8 ·
Let us know what SA says. Sounds like the striker channel might be gunked up or maybe the striker safety is dirty and not moving correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.